Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
They signed Kostitsyn to a 2-year deal to stop all the bleeding, but yes not much to date by way of moves by Poile.

But I don't think you can really fault Poile for much of what's gone on, the Suter thing seemed to be a case of a player sending all the right signals and then veering in a different direction at the last minute. The one criticism perhaps is his somewhat risky decision to bring in two enigmatic players like Radulov and AKostitsyn for the playoff run, who arguably upset what was otherwise a very solid team chemistry, but even then these were moves he checked carefully with the Webers and Suters and they did make sense no paper, few could have accounted for either their dumbass antics in the playoffs or Radulov's woeful lack of conditioning (and most would have agreed that bringing in Radulov was actually a no-brainer, with his skill).

Poile is one of the very brightest GMs in the entire league, I love what he's done over the years.

That said, perhaps they should have made Radulov's conditioning a condition of him coming over...
My problem with Poile is letting it get to this. He should have avoided arbitration with Weber last year and signed Weber long term then. I know it's easy in hindsight but he must have seen that this off-season could turn ugly with Suter and Weber. And I didn't like how he dealt with the whole Suter thing once he signed. First thing Lou did was wish Parise the best. First thing Poile did was bitch about it.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Poile is easy to criticize as he's done a lot with extremely limited resources the past few years but I think he really dropped the ball this past year.