Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Inside Info on the Shea Weber saga..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I said this same exact thing to my friend who leaked the news to me.. I said who's to say Poile doesn't sign him and force him to play?? If Weber threatens to sit, then let him sit for 14 years or play in the minors with Redden..
    I believe that the signing bonuses are due even if he chooses to sit out. Plus if Nashville were to have a tough time fitting him on the NHL roster, they certainly couldn't afford to send him to the minors. Nashville is screwed in every possible way by the structure of the contract.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I believe that the signing bonuses are due even if he chooses to sit out. Plus if Nashville were to have a tough time fitting him on the NHL roster, they certainly couldn't afford to send him to the minors. Nashville is screwed in every possible way by the structure of the contract.
    I think they were screwed either way.

Dobber Sports Icon

Ah, the Yoko Ono scenario...

12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

After being to both cities, if its about raising future children, I'd much rather do it in Nashville than Philly ... Just doesn't make any sense in that regard.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Warning - rant

Quote Originally Posted by NikW71 View Post
    After being to both cities, if its about raising future children, I'd much rather do it in Nashville than Philly ... Just doesn't make any sense in that regard.
    Perhaps if you only spent your time in center city Philly and Nashville...

Philadelphia suburbs have some of the best schools in the country. Let's face it... most married (or about to be married) wealthy athletes tend to live in the wealthy suburbs of the cities for which they play. Living near Philly may have a bad world-wide rap (I blame the NJ jokes), but it is one of the few places where you are in driving distance of the beach (a real beach - not a lake), as well as the mountains - not the rockies, but you can still ski or ride a couple thousand feet of vertical... and Philly has four distinct seasons in a year. Summer is HOT several days at or near 100... Winter is cold with several days with highs less than 20 degrees F and always a decent chance of a white Christmas. The leaves change in the Fall, and Spring is a welcome change to the snow and ice. Spring also brings the baseball season where the little leagues are incredibly talented and highly ranked despite not being a southern state where kids can play ball all year... but how boring to have warm weather all year. In fact, all sports programs for kids are intense as this is a very intense sports town. And some of the best hospitals/healthcare (especially for children and oncology (cancer research and care) are located in Philly. Not to mention being an hour and a half from the largest City in the world... opportunities are endless - and not just for athletes... if Shea's wife to be has any dreams of a daughter in their future who is not an awesome athlete (somehow)... perhaps the best dance schools in the country might entice her as well.

I'm sure Nashville has its perks - and plenty of banjos, but I'd take Philly 10 out of 10 times over Nashville - unless I was a youngin trying to make a country music career for myself.

On another note, has anyone heard from any Nashville hockey fans on the topic? I have been giddy reading about this for the last few days with great hope to get Weber on my hometeam... and he's already on my fantasy roster... but I am only reading the views of fantasy owners as they talk about how this will crush their fan base... I'd love to hear from a fan - or at least someone that lives in Nasville and knows who Shea Weber is.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    Perhaps if you only spent your time in center city Philly and Nashville...

Philadelphia suburbs have some of the best schools in the country. Let's face it... most married (or about to be married) wealthy athletes tend to live in the wealthy suburbs of the cities for which they play. Living near Philly may have a bad world-wide rap (I blame the NJ jokes), but it is one of the few places where you are in driving distance of the beach (a real beach - not a lake), as well as the mountains - not the rockies, but you can still ski or ride a couple thousand feet of vertical... and Philly has four distinct seasons in a year. Summer is HOT several days at or near 100... Winter is cold with several days with highs less than 20 degrees F and always a decent chance of a white Christmas. The leaves change in the Fall, and Spring is a welcome change to the snow and ice. Spring also brings the baseball season where the little leagues are incredibly talented and highly ranked despite not being a southern state where kids can play ball all year... but how boring to have warm weather all year. In fact, all sports programs for kids are intense as this is a very intense sports town. And some of the best hospitals/healthcare (especially for children and oncology (cancer research and care) are located in Philly. Not to mention being an hour and a half from the largest City in the world... opportunities are endless - and not just for athletes... if Shea's wife to be has any dreams of a daughter in their future who is not an awesome athlete (somehow)... perhaps the best dance schools in the country might entice her as well.

I'm sure Nashville has its perks - and plenty of banjos, but I'd take Philly 10 out of 10 times over Nashville - unless I was a youngin trying to make a country music career for myself.

On another note, has anyone heard from any Nashville hockey fans on the topic? I have been giddy reading about this for the last few days with great hope to get Weber on my hometeam... and he's already on my fantasy roster... but I am only reading the views of fantasy owners as they talk about how this will crush their fan base... I'd love to hear from a fan - or at least someone that lives in Nasville and knows who Shea Weber is.
    posts like this are pointless when the poster is obviously biased and has never been to the other city in question (even if you're right). Philly residents will choose Philly and state that Philly is the best city in the country. Then Nashville Residents will say the opposite.

case in point, the bolded quote. You live in Philly and would choose it 10 time out of 10 over Nashville. Shocking.
    Last edited by Big Ev; July 22, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    posts like this are pointless when the poster is obviously biased and has never been to the other city in question (even if you're right). Philly residents will choose Philly and state that Philly is the best city in the country. Then Nashville Residents will say the opposite.

case in point, the bolded quote. You live in Philly and would choose it 10 time out of 10 over Nashville. Shocking.
    Pointless begets pointless...that was the point. Let's hear from Nashville nation on Weber.
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)

Banned

this sounds like the inside info from Nova Scotia folk about Sidney Crosby retiring.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    this sounds like the inside info from Nova Scotia folk about Sidney Crosby retiring.
    That drove me crazy! I was about to take a young lady down and she started arguing that it was going to happen. I called her a cab.

True story

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    That drove me crazy! I was about to take a young lady down and she started arguing that it was going to happen. I called her a cab.

True story
    ... if by 'take down' you mean what I think you mean I have so say bad call.

You should have made her walk.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    ... if by 'take down' you mean what I think you mean I have so say bad call.

You should have made her walk.
    Hahaha an hour walk in the dead of winter. Besides, the cab ensured that she left quickly. To misquote my signature, she apparently didn't think I gave a f*ck about hockey.

Coincidence that this topic came up, because of the following Rotoworld blurb:

Dr. Christopher Harner has been appointed as the Pittsburgh Penguins new lead physician.
    Dr. Charles Burke held that post from 1988 until he and his medical staff were dismissed on July 10. Harner is an orthopedic surgeon and a founder of UPMC Center for Sports Medicine. Dr. Tanya Hagen, who specializes in internal medicine, is the team's associate physician and Dr. Dharmesh Vyas, an orthopedic surgery spe******t, is an assistant team physician.
    Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
    Jul 22 - 10:42 AM

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Shea supposedly had his fiancee travel to a handful of cities of Shea's choosing to pick which one he liked best.. Shea was really selective..

But how did Philly know that Shea chose the Flyers?? Is that not called tampering?? Or because he is a RFA, Philly has the right to offer Shea a deal?? Just all seems fishy to me..

1) Shea/his fiancee choose Philly
    2) Philly offers him a huge offer sheet
    3) Poile is really saying next to nothing about this whole ordeal
    4) Is Shea calling the shots?
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Shea supposedly had his fiancee travel to a handful of cities of Shea's choosing to pick which one he liked best.. Shea was really selective..

But how did Philly know that Shea chose the Flyers?? Is that not called tampering?? Or because he is a RFA, Philly has the right to offer Shea a deal?? Just all seems fishy to me..

1) Shea/his fiancee choose Philly
    2) Philly offers him a huge offer sheet
    3) Poile is really saying next to nothing about this whole ordeal
    4) Is Shea calling the shots?

He could have received offer sheets from all the teams in the trade talks, but chose to sign Philly's... Just a quick guess

Dobber Sports Ace

I heard on local radio interviews that the Flyer's brass wined and dined Weber and then brought him to their offices in Jersey... but before they arrived, they gave all of their office employees in the entire building 15 minutes to "evacuate". No information was provided to their staff as to why they had to leave the building... This was so nothing would get posted to facebook, tweeted, etc. It was actually cause for worry that something bad was happening. Ridiculousness.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    I heard on local radio interviews that the Flyer's brass wined and dined Weber and then brought him to their offices in Jersey... but before they arrived, they gave all of their office employees in the entire building 15 minutes to "evacuate". No information was provided to their staff as to why they had to leave the building... This was so nothing would get posted to facebook, tweeted, etc. It was actually cause for worry that something bad was happening. Ridiculousness.
    I am pretty sure they were worried that Shea would say the wrong thing and be jumped by 15 people at once all acting tough Better to just get the general Philly population out of the way.