Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Info on the Shea Weber saga..

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Inside Info on the Shea Weber saga..

Take this with a grain a salt, if you so choose..........

I have a friend who is close to the Weber party and has heard that Shea has actually told David Poile not to match the Flyers offer and to let him go play elsewhere.. It is also known that Shea's wife isn't too fond of Nashville and infact has chosen Philly as his destination..

I have no idea if this is true or not, it is just what a friend of mine, that is very close to Shea and his family, has heard about the current "offer sheet" situation that is going on right now..

At first I thought, Nashville has to match the offer, and has to lock up Shea long-term.. But now I am second guessing my whole thought process on this matter..

Believe what you wish, I guess we will all see what happens soon enough.
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Is Shea Weber even married?... I can't even find anything on the internet to prove that he even has a girlfriend let alone a wife.

Soon to be wife, I actually think they are engaged..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Soon to be wife, I actually think they are engaged..
    Bossing him around already

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Bossing him around already
    Yeah, what a sissy

Dobber Sports Guru

Wouldn't he have been better off waiting a year, then getting to go where he wants, instead of potentially getting stuck in Nashville for the next dozen years or so?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Take this with a grain a salt, if you so choose..........

I have a friend who is close to the Weber party and has heard that Shea has actually told David Poile not to match the Flyers offer and to let him go play elsewhere.. It is also known that Shea's wife isn't too fond of Nashville and infact has chosen Philly as his destination..

I have no idea if this is true or not, it is just what a friend of mine, that is very close to Shea and his family, has heard about the current "offer sheet" situation that is going on right now..

At first I thought, Nashville has to match the offer, and has to lock up Shea long-term.. But now I am second guessing my whole thought process on this matter..

Believe what you wish, I guess we will all see what happens soon enough.
    If it is true, Poile should match and make Weber stay. Tell him to play at an elite level and in one year will think of trading him at full value rather than put the team over a barrell. I am growing tired of spoiled players doing crap like this. Who does he think he is Pronger?

Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
    If it is true, Poile should match and make Weber stay. Tell him to play at an elite level and in one year will think of trading him at full value rather than put the team over a barrell. I am growing tired of spoiled players doing crap like this. Who does he think he is Pronger?
    I said this same exact thing to my friend who leaked the news to me.. I said who's to say Poile doesn't sign him and force him to play?? If Weber threatens to sit, then let him sit for 14 years or play in the minors with Redden..

Dobber Sports Stud

I found one photo of her and she does look a bit bossy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Pro

<sigh>
    It's getting to the point when trying to predict a UFA's motivations you really need to look at wife/fiancee/girlfriend as to who they are, where they were born,and where they currently live. They certainly come on top of what influences a player's decision where they should go. Also look to the significant other when a player starts making trade demands out of the blue (ie.Pronger)
    Last edited by lobo1969; July 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    <sigh>
    It's getting to the point when trying to predict a UFA's motivations you really need to look at wife/fiancee/girlfriend as to who they are, where they were born,and where they currently live. They certainly come on top of what influences a player's decision where should go. Also look to the significant other when a player starts making trade demands out of the blue (ie.Pronger)
    Not to mention who they are friends with and who they played college/junior with, who coached them back in the day, and who is best friend's with their uncle.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ace

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    <sigh>
    It's getting to the point when trying to predict a UFA's motivations you really need to look at wife/fiancee/girlfriend as to who they are, where they were born,and where they currently live. They certainly come on top of what influences a player's decision where they should go. Also look to the significant other when a player starts making trade demands out of the blue (ie.Pronger)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    Not to mention who they are friends with and who they played college/junior with, who coached them back in the day, and who is best friend's with their uncle.
    Isn't it weird how hockey players are also people?

Edit: my cell phone won't let me put a smiley face in the post, smartassery intended, but all in good fun!
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Wouldn't he have been better off waiting a year, then getting to go where he wants, instead of potentially getting stuck in Nashville for the next dozen years or so?
    This is why i cant believe the original source. If he really wanted out, then one more year and he could have gone to any team vs taking a chance that he wont get matched and play in the place he didn't want to. Its just not logical.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by ml_cow View Post
    This is why i cant believe the original source. If he really wanted out, then one more year and he could have gone to any team vs taking a chance that he wont get matched and play in the place he didn't want to. Its just not logical.
    Yup, but I think Weber was doing Poile a favor by signing that offer sheet. If he doesn't, Poile is hanging onto air. Trying to trade a guy that the other team can't know if he will sign with them - poo! Poile now has either 4 1st round draft picks or a signed Weber.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Yup, but I think Weber was doing Poile a favor by signing that offer sheet. If he doesn't, Poile is hanging onto air. Trying to trade a guy that the other team can't know if he will sign with them - poo! Poile now has either 4 1st round draft picks or a signed Weber.
    I must agree. Plus, Philly could end up sending them a guy or two to clear cap space, which would objectively be a fair trade considering that and the picks. The problem is mostly that it kills the franchise mentally, takes the energy out of the fans etc...
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne