Thread: Bernier/Nash

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Bernier/Nash

With Columbus being so interested in Bernier, I wonder if Nash could end up in LA? Maybe a package including Gagne or Williams and Toffoli would get it done? What do you guys think the odds of Nash going to LA are?

Dobber Sports Pro

With how things have gone this summer, I have no idea as to what to expect. Seemingly, Bernier's trade value should increase during the season as the trade deadline approaches. Nash's trade value should hopefully decrease during the season as the trade deadline approaches so he can actually get moved, but I am not sure if Howsen will see it that way. As I have eluded, I do not think either will be moved this summer. Who knows?!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    With how things have gone this summer, I have no idea as to what to expect. Seemingly, Bernier's trade value should increase during the season as the trade deadline approaches. Nash's trade value should hopefully decrease during the season as the trade deadline approaches so he can actually get moved, but I am not sure if Howsen will see it that way. As I have eluded, I do not think either will be moved this summer. Who knows?!

The value of Nash sky rockets because teams know (or have a much better idea) at the deadline whether they are potential contenders in the playoffs. At that time many will be willing to part with more to get that final piece for a playoff run.

Teams can squeeze him into their cap for that season for much less than his full salary of 7.8 and worry about getting under the cap afte the season when they can move players etc.

If a team like the Rangers get back to within 1 win of he cup finals again (or close to it), you can bet they would strongly consider getting Nash after seeing where they were weak this season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

CLB just acquired Bobrovsky this summer, so I don't see a deal for Bernier at the top of Howson's list. My guess is that he'll evaluate Bob for the first bit of the season to see if he's ready to be a true Number 1. If not, they might then look at trading for some help in net.

Also, in seeing what Howson has been asking for this summer, I'm sure it would take more than Bernier and a guy like Gagne to get the deal done.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN