Thread: Yahoo position eligibility

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Yahoo position eligibility

After yahoo gave almost every player last year dual position eligibility, does anybody have any insight if they are going to do this again? I have a weak set of LWers and last year was lucky enough to slide Dustin Brown over to the LS to ease the pain. Just want to know if I need to make a move if Yahoo realized they made a mistake last year and intend to go by strict positional requirements of years past ...

The Wolverine

I don't know but I wish they could have clear rules that we can see in our leagues, rather than guessing or emailing them. In baseball, they have set rules that we can check and know how many games they need to play before getting eligibility. Not sure it can work that easily in hockey given position shifts (even during the game) but some clarity would help.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best IMO...

I don't think they have a system for doling out positional eligibility so I find it highly unlikely that you'll be able to predict anything.

Dobber Sports Initiate

depends how many poolies write them scathing emails demanding dual eligibility for their player.

Dobber Sports Star

i hope they make it more difficult this year. i found it challenging to trade for forwards since every team had every position covered

Dobber Sports Veteran

I imagine Brown will get LW/RW. He plays LW on the top line and I don't see that changing. As for the rest of the league who knows. I just hope that M Richards keeps his LW elligibility though I doubt that will happen.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis