Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pronger contract?

Banned

interesting cap implications, thanks for the analysis guys

i agree with Flyer Fan and others who have said the same, that the best option for both the Flyers and the Preds would be to pull off a trade that would benefit both franchises

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    See, it's stuff like this that makes you come across as a stone cold homer. Just because someone brings up an issue that might arise with bringing Weber in, that doesn't mean that person hates the Flyers.

Edit: And yes, you can pick up tones in a post. Regardless of if you were kidding or actually serious, you still came across as ... well, immature and a homer. That's the tone.

Please do not get it misconstrued, I am not immature but I am a homer through and through. Flyers are my team and while I can be honest through my rose colored glasses, I do not think there are long-term implications for the Flyers with this deal. Everyone says long-term but remember that Briere, Timonen and Hartnell come off the books very soon. Briere has three years who is probably the most. Do they want to resign them all? I am not sure. A lot of people think that Harts had an outlier year last year, so the price may not be worth the bounty. Timonen may give a Flyers friendly deal due to age, but who knows with the current contracts given out. I think they will pay Simmonds but I can imagine him getting a barn breaker deal. The flyers do have flexibility because they will probably send Voracek and Meszaros to the Preds in a deal that leaves only Giroux to get paid because Schenn and Couturier are going to be cap friendly for a few years (I hope). Luke Schenn has a nice cap number if he can perform and the only truly bad contract they have (outside of the Weber debate) is Bryzgalov whom should be considered a decent deal if he can perform behind a great defense.

So in two years, we can see a core of

Forwards: Schenn, Giroux, Courturier, Simmonds, Read, Wellwood, Talbot

Defensemen: Weber, Schenn, Coburn, Grossman

THey also have a weak farm system but some players whom can be a factor in the distant future are akeson, manning, cousins, holmstrom.... now they wll be without future 1st round picks unless they make a deal with the preds, but if they dont that means they try their best to hold onto voracek and you can add meszaros to the mix too.. but i think altho the flyers are picking on the preds, they wont leave their cupboards bear because it makes more sense for both teams to work out a deal if they are going to let weber go. flyers or cap, preds to get players esp voracek whom i think will be a talented forward in the league and completely over looked by columbus.

So although I may sound immature to you guys, I do have some theories to back them up.. i apologize for coming off that way, the brevity of my posts may make that viewpoint to u and it truly is not my intentions.
    Girrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooux

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kushmoney View Post
    Please do not get it misconstrued, I am not immature but I am a homer through and through. Flyers are my team and while I can be honest through my rose colored glasses,.
    Now see here, maybe you can fool some of these others, but I knew you weren't a true Flyers homer right away.
    IMPOSTER!!!!
    Only evil Blackhawks, RedWings, Flames, and Devils fans would look at the world through rose colored glasses.

Authentic Flyer fans always utilize the appropriate orange tinted ones.

(...I've already reported you to comcast.)
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)