Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pronger contract?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pronger contract?

My guess is that Pronger is completely done, hence the Weber offer.

Since he falls under 35+ under the CBA, it says it counts no matter what. Only relief is if they assigned him to the minors after year 1 of the contract and then it's only $100,000 relief.

Does anyone know if this includes long term injury implications? The CBA says under any circumstance that the cap hit counts.

With Voracek still to be signed Philly is right up against the cap (in fact a little over) if they manage to get Weber and only give up the compensation picks.

Just wondering whether they get relief from Prongers injury or if they have a $5M weight around their legs for the next 5 years.
    8 Team Auction league: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench, 5 farm. $1,000,000 salary cap, live auction annually, 3 year contracts, RFA after contract expiry. Player goes back into the draft, manager who keeps an RFA has the opportunity to match the highest bid. Keep 15 total PLUS farm team. Farm team counts towards your cap.
    Stats: G,A, PPP, PIM, +/-, Shots, GWG - W, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom $72, Bergeron $30, Malkin $160, TJ $5
    LW: Forsberg $5, Schwartz $5, Schenn $16, JVR $15
    RW: Wheeler $67
    D: Doughty $58, Weber $48, Vatenan $7
    G: Schneider $5 Dubnyck $5

Farm: Gibson $13, Drouin $19, S. Bennett $13, Hubs $23

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by prkal8r View Post
    My guess is that Pronger is completely done, hence the Weber offer.

Since he falls under 35+ under the CBA, it says it counts no matter what. Only relief is if they assigned him to the minors after year 1 of the contract and then it's only $100,000 relief.

Does anyone know if this includes long term injury implications? The CBA says under any circumstance that the cap hit counts.

With Voracek still to be signed Philly is right up against the cap (in fact a little over) if they manage to get Weber and only give up the compensation picks.

Just wondering whether they get relief from Prongers injury or if they have a $5M weight around their legs for the next 5 years.
    as long as they keep him on LTIR (Long-term injured reserve) his salary does not count against the cap.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    as long as they keep him on LTIR (Long-term injured reserve) his salary does not count against the cap.
    Except it does count in the summer, from what I understand you can only LTIR during the season....
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Except it does count in the summer, from what I understand you can only LTIR during the season....
    intersting wrinkle ..... i was not aware of that .... however given that teams are allowed to go 10% over the cap in the summer I guess it wont matter that much.

Dobber Sports Guru

I thought with LTIR, it doesn't take the money off the cap until 10 games in, and then adds to it game by game. That's a reason why the Habs last year were, say $5 million under the cap, but project to be $11 million under by the trade deadline (because of long-term injuries to Markov and Gionta).

Am I wrong on this?

If not, then Pronger's full salary wouldn't be off the cap until after game 82. And no salary could come off for 10 games.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

They are fine.. your allowed to be over until the start of the season and at that point they can LTIR Pronger......... stop looking for negatives in the Flyers... !
    Girrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooux

Dobber Sports Stud

Interesting discussion. Could become an issue if another team actually signed Voracek to an offer sheet as the ramblings pontificated about today.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kushmoney View Post
    They are fine.. your allowed to be over until the start of the season and at that point they can LTIR Pronger......... stop looking for negatives in the Flyers... !
    Dude it was a legitimate question by the OP and not an attack on the Flyers take it easy.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    Dude it was a legitimate question by the OP and not an attack on the Flyers take it easy.
    I have a feeling he was just joking around...
    16 team H2H
    Start 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4 D, 2 G
    G A +/- PIM PPP SHP GWG SOG FW
    W GAA SV SV% SO
    Keep - 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G

C - Crosby, Pettersson, Pageau
    LW - Teravainen, Kaprizov, Keller, gusev, Lafreniere
    RW- Stone, Kucherov(IR), Wheeler, foligno
    D - Letang, Makar, Hronek, Dumba
    G - Hellebuyck, Samsonov, Grubauer, Bernier, Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by jarja View Post
    I have a feeling he was just joking around...
    Looking at the fairly consistent tone of the rest of his posts, I highly doubt that...
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I saw the ramblings blurb this morning, but it's really not an issue, unless somebody offers Voracek enough that the Flyers would rather have the compensation picks than the player, ...which for four first rounders, I have to believe would be the case.

If Nashville declines to match the Flyers offer for Weber, his hit will bring the Flyers right to the cap, but as others have said, they're allowed to exceed it by as much as 10%, so basically they could match an offer sheet almost identical to the one they just gave Weber without even having to make a move.

And if someone out there thought Voracek was the next Sidney Crosby and wanted to offer him Crosby money, they'ld still have 7 days to make a move, and after adding Weber would have 9 nhl defensemen on the roster.

From what I've read, the Flyers don't want to place Pronger on the LTI until sometime after the season starts so they have a chance to bank some cap space first, but if push came to shove they could do that on opening day to meet the cap.

But they also have an opportunity to shave 1.4 million off of B.Schenn's cap hit by "demoting" him for one game, there's talk of Shelly being offered a position in the front office, the expectation that Meszaros' 4 very tradeable cap hit gets moved out, (that's a total 11.5 million in easily obtainable cap space after adding Weber) and the even bigger liklihood that the Preds and Flyers work out some type of trade which would also shed some salary (and possibly even Voracek).

It's kind of amazing given the team's recent signings, but they really do have a lot of flexibility and options available to them.
    CBS 8 team keeper(5-8) - Points only

C: Tavares, Duchesne, Eberle, Nugent-Hopkins
    LW: Parise, Benn, Neal
    RW: Kessel, Giroux, Stewart
    D: Green,Karlson, Carlson, Whitney, Edler, White
    G: Rinne, Lundqvist
    2LW,2C,2RW,4D,1G pts.= G=2, PPG=3, SH=5, A=1, W=3, S=.2, GA=-1, SO=4,

(Tired of watching today's trophys pass you buy? Waiting for a tomorrow that may never come? Why not win NOW? ...Ask about our "Pre-owned vets for prospects" program, and start winning TODAY!)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ya cant really pick up tones in a post my friend.. I was kidding. I love that you guys hate the Flyers, makes me love them more!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

People are going out of their way to make reasons why getting WEber is a bad move for the Flyers tho LMAO

Dobber Sports Master

People are going out of their way to make reasons why getting WEber is a bad move for the Flyers tho LMAO
    There is a difference between discussing potential issues that might result from signing Weber and saying it is a bad idea... most of us appear to be doing the former.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ya cant really pick up tones in a post my friend.. I was kidding. I love that you guys hate the Flyers, makes me love them more!
    See, it's stuff like this that makes you come across as a stone cold homer. Just because someone brings up an issue that might arise with bringing Weber in, that doesn't mean that person hates the Flyers.

Edit: And yes, you can pick up tones in a post. Regardless of if you were kidding or actually serious, you still came across as ... well, immature and a homer. That's the tone.
    GO WINGS!