Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Offer Sheet Matched] SHEA WEBER SIGNS WITH PHILLY! 14 Years/100Mill!!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Noma View Post
    If Claude Giroux wouldn't sign his contract extension before 1st of July next summer, how big offer sheet would Poile give to him? Vengeance is sweet.
    Flyers would match. Look at Holmgren's trigger finger in recent years. Snider would give him the max contract at whatever term he wanted.

And... Giroux loves Philly.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    C: Crosby, Giroux, J. Staal, Statsny, Desharnais
    RW: Voracek, B. Ryan, Brown, Gallagher
    LW: Parise, Landeskog, Lucic, van Riemsdyk
    D: Suter, Edler, Carlson, Girardi, Hamhuis, Giordano
    G: Rask, Luongo, Halak
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO
    10 Team Roto Limited Keeper
    3C, 3RW, 3LW, 2W, 1F, 6D, 2G, 3BN

Dobber Sports Stud

I fully expect Nashville to match, Weber to be happy, and this to be all over in about 2 days.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Newbie

You guys do know that the flyers are owned by comcast right? so money isnt really a problem up here .

Dobber Sports Padawan

Let's just say that Weber doesn't want to play in Nashville...

If I'm Polie, I'm matching it anyway. Let him sulk or play half assed for a year and then trade him for something more valuable the 4 firsts. But, knowing Weber, he wouldn't subject the franchise to that. So after a year, if he's still not sold on the franchise, ship him out.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Chillin View Post
    Let's just say that Weber doesn't want to play in Nashville...

If I'm Polie, I'm matching it anyway. Let him sulk or play half assed for a year and then trade him for something more valuable the 4 firsts. But, knowing Weber, he wouldn't subject the franchise to that. So after a year, if he's still not sold on the franchise, ship him out.
    They have to match, I mean there's no way around it. I'd be absolutely shocked if they didn't. He's the Predators. Cap/Money isn't an issue. There's no reason to not match. This isn't some outrageous $10 AAV contract. Hell, they even offered Suter $100 mil and Weber is much better. There's no excuse here.
    Go Jets Go

Featured Columnist for the Winnipeg Jets
    http://bleacherreport.com/users/386108-anthony-capocci

Follow for Winnipeg Jets Updates
    www.twitter.com/CapocciJETS

Dobber Sports Padawan

I know what you're saying, Atlanta. The only reason I don't get it is because the Preds were shopping Weber to 4 teams according to Dregger. That, to me, is something that sticks out in my head.

Also, maybe Philly did this as a favour to Nashville? If they could throw a ton of money at Suter, they can afford Weber. Maybe Weber wanted out and this is a way Nashville keeps him? I don't know. There are too many variables in the situation.

But you're right, I fully expect them to match.
    The Untouchables Cup.
    Categories:
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP,
    SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, SV, SV%, GAA, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Poile can enjoy some summer now that Weber's contract is done. Thanks Holmgren and co.
    exactly.....

Everyone saying that Poile is pissed or throwing up in his mouth dont see the bigger picture.

This is probably EXACTLY what he wanted. If Im not mistaken, isnt all the control now in his hands? He can now match and retain Weber for years to come.

IF Weber hit UFA next year he was probably gone and Poile couldnt do a thing.....he had zero control.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I genuinely believe that the Flyers have a chance at pulling this off. Now, I know I'm biased, but it sounds likes A number of teams were interested in getting Weber

One thing I DO know... Weber wants to be a Flyer and I love it.
    I don't think Weber gives a crap about being a Flyer, he wants to be rich.

That said I think Nashville absolutely matches unless it's one of these 20+million frontloaded deals, then it will be a very tough decision but it does put them back in the driver seat.

They can now make a business decision based on the numbers. My gut says Nashville matches and keeps him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I know what you're saying, Atlanta. The only reason I don't get it is because the Preds were shopping Weber to 4 teams according to Dregger. That, to me, is something that sticks out in my head.

Also, maybe Philly did this as a favour to Nashville? If they could throw a ton of money at Suter, they can afford Weber. Maybe Weber wanted out and this is a way Nashville keeps him? I don't know. There are too many variables in the situation.

But you're right, I fully expect them to match.
    Personally, I wouldnt look too much into the preds shopping weber. It is like what Elliotte friedman said in his 30 thoughts this week about Bryan Burke and inquiring about Jonathan Bernie, if he is not looking into his options for weber, he is not doing his job.

I fully expect Nash to match, they have to, and I bet their contract would of been similar anyways. Even if Weber doesnt want to be there, he doesnt seem to be a player who would hold out, not play, not try hard, be a cancer in the room. I think if he doesnt want to be there, he would still play as hard as he could, because he is one of the best competitors around.

Dobber Sports Pro

I really don't get this move. The Flyers must know something here - if they think the Preds will match this easily why even make the offer sheet? If they thought that way, they would've been better off letting Nashville and Weber go at it each other in contract negotiations over the next year until Weber is a UFA, and then sign him.

Through this route, they are pretty much ensuring Nashville Weber for the long term, unless: 1. Flyers without a doubt know Weber wants to a be a Flyer and doesn't want to be a Pred and a trade is inevitable to their team
    2. It was mentioned the Rangers, Wings, Sharks were big players in Weber trade talks. Maybe the Rangers, a divisional rival of the Flyers were about to land him so the Flyers did this in an attempt to ensure Weber either becomes a Flyer or Predator and nowhere else.

Holmgren isn't stupid. There has to be something more involved here as to why he did this and just took arguably the best defenseman in the league off the market for the rest of his career, and all it takes is Nashville to easily match this offer, which according to reports they would've matched Minni's offer for Suter, and I'm sure Holmgren read those same reports, so why wouldn't Pollie do that with his captain if he would've done it with Suter at similar money.

I'm just saying there has to be something more involved here - if there isn't, this is a dumb move by Holmgren IMO.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Master

An offer sheet was not handed to Weber without a plan. There is surely more to come than just NASH matching it. Crazy....

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow. This is interesting

I can't help but think how many trades the Preds and Flyers have mAde in the past few decades leaving to ask:

a) is Holmgren doing Poile a small favour
    Or
    b) did Holmgren increase tensions

I don't see the Preds pAssing on the opportunity to match this offer sheet and get their captain signed to a career contract...even if the offer is heavily front loaded.

Those four 1sts are likely to be mid-to-late giving them even more incentive to match

Going to be fun to see how this plays out. I love seeing offer sheets and as an owner of Weber, I'd much rather him wear the orange and black...but the Preds CANNOT AFFORD TO LET WEBER LEAVE

Dobber Sports Legend

The Predators and Flyers could make a trade for Weber en lieu of the picks, similar to the Gratton "deal" years ago - the package will trump the return of compensation picks. If the Preds were in trade negotiations with Weber as it was, that means they were willing to trade him. All this does is lock in the 2 dance partners.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Immortal

oh my......

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

how the **** does philly always find the cap space to sign every single player