Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: [Offer Sheet Matched] SHEA WEBER SIGNS WITH PHILLY! 14 Years/100Mill!!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Nah, that's fine. I have a very low tolerance for stupidity and ignorance. I'll just know never to take anything you write seriously. We're cool.
    I forgot you were the all-knowing chief, have at it ! LOL. I love message board supremists, it makes the ongoing cycle of the World that much more enjoyable.
    Girrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooux

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    ...Weber and his wife falling in love with the Philly/South Jersey area. Weber's wife will be the most disappointed as she had her heart set on the area and was spending the last few days actually reviewing housing availability in the Medford, NJ area.

This is a very important point. It's relevant for Doan too, and was certainly important for Suter (whose wife is from Minnesota). A major part of the reason why places like New York are so alluring to free agents, and the opposite for some small-market towns like Columbus or relatively "remote" towns like Edmonton (sorry Edmontonians, but it's reality despite being a fantastic hockey town, not to raise your hackles but this video always gives me a chuckle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns14hRqwY8).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    This is a very important point. It's relevant for Doan too, and was certainly important for Suter (whose wife is from Minnesota). A major part of the reason why places like New York are so alluring to free agents, and the opposite for some small-market towns like Columbus or relatively "remote" towns like Edmonton (sorry Edmontonians, but it's reality despite being a fantastic hockey town, not to raise your hackles but this video always gives me a chuckle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ns14hRqwY8).
    Hey... I resent that.

Wait, I live in Edmonton, and I don't even want to live here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think a lot of areas look great on first visit, but when you live there for awhile you get tired of it. Living in the Philly/SNJ area, I can see where it is appealing but I can also see the negatives. Of course, the Weber's were probably looking in the Voorhees & Morristown areas which are beautiful areas.

I am sure Nashville has its perks too though and I think it was a win-win for them. His wife can make due with 100+ million buckaroos.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by kushmoney View Post
    I forgot you were the all-knowing chief, have at it ! LOL. I love message board supremists, it makes the ongoing cycle of the World that much more enjoyable.
    Ask yourself why we don't have a lot of VERY abrasive and clowny homers around here. Yes, we have a lot of homers, but the key here is that we usually have a pretty reasoned and rational discussion about most things. Clowns coming in here trying to mix it up like you get old real fast. That's just how it goes here. And I'm not the only one to comment on your style...
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ask yourself why we don't have a lot of VERY abrasive and clowny homers around here. Yes, we have a lot of homers, but the key here is that we usually have a pretty reasoned and rational discussion about most things. Clowns coming in here trying to mix it up like you get old real fast. That's just how it goes here. And I'm not the only one to comment on your style...
    Its a post about the Flyers your highness, I do not bring my unreasonable, unintelligent Flyers discussion to every post kind sir. I keep it generally to the Flyers posts. When I start doing it in every single post, then you MIGHT have a point.

However, I understand that you are upset about my liking of my home team, and since you are the czar around these parts.. I'll end the discussion there. I don't think at any point, I have been unreasonable outside of jesting around with people whom openly dislike the Flyers (to which has been rampant in this post). But since you are judging without reason here, I think its a losing situation for me.

I'll just agree with you because your a supremist and write it off as another party foul and hope that you allow me to post here.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by kushmoney View Post
    Its a post about the Flyers your highness, I do not bring my unreasonable, unintelligent Flyers discussion to every post kind sir. I keep it generally to the Flyers posts. When I start doing it in every single post, then you MIGHT have a point.

However, I understand that you are upset about my liking of my home team, and since you are the czar around these parts.. I'll end the discussion there. I don't think at any point, I have been unreasonable outside of jesting around with people whom openly dislike the Flyers (to which has been rampant in this post). But since you are judging without reason here, I think its a losing situation for me.

I'll just agree with you because your a supremist and write it off as another party foul and hope that you allow me to post here.
    No, that argument doesn't fly. Again, we have a crapload of Flyers fans here. But you're the only one being this brash and abrasive. Why is that?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    None of those guys have done a thing in the NHL yet. Until they prove they can, there's no guarantee they ever will. Not to mention that while there is some nice names in there (ie: Kuznetsov, Coyle,, etc.) there's absolutely zero evidence to say that the Preds would have picked that player in that spot.
    I realize none of those guys have done anything and theres no guarentee they will. But there is a strong chance they will and there is no evidence to say theyd pick those players but theres a chance they do. I would of taken the four first round picks. Thats all Im saying.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    I can't wait for Dutch to return so we can get a homer show down
    This forum would implode if those two got at each other
    Was just thinking "Where the hell is Dutch?" Too funny...
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Can we change the thread name to [Offer Sheet Matched] SHEA WEBER SIGNS WITH PHILLY! 14 Years/100Mill!!! - and kushmoney and sentium duel?

Just to stir the pot - Kush have you ever seen your all mighty flyers win a cup? I haven't
    2010-2011 League Champion
    2012-2013 Runner Up
    ROTO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2,G | G, A, PPP, +/-, PIM, BS, W, GAA, SV%
    C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    LW: Hall, Tlusty
    RW: Malkin, Lupul
    D: Ehrhoff, Del Zotto, Enstrom, Carle
    G: Holtby, Smith
    Bench: Faulk, Druoin, MacKinnon, Brodin, S. Mason, Bernier
    H2H Keeper League [5F, 1D, 1F/D 1G]
    2013 - 3rd
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D,1 Ult, 1 G -H2H Daily Start - G, A, +/-, Hits, BS, PPP, SHP - W, SV, GAA, SO
    F:Tavares, Landeskog, E.Kane, Backes, Yakupov, RNH/Kesler
    D: Green/OEL
    G: Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No, that argument doesn't fly. Again, we have a crapload of Flyers fans here. But you're the only one being this brash and abrasive. Why is that?
    I would love an example of this brashness and abrasiveness, or maybe your doing all these accusations without examples your highness. All I said is that it seems people are out to discount the Flyers and I was trying to discount those brash and abrasive comments.

But you know what, your right buddy, I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rtpaper View Post
    Can we change the thread name to [Offer Sheet Matched] SHEA WEBER SIGNS WITH PHILLY! 14 Years/100Mill!!! - and kushmoney and sentium duel?

Just to stir the pot - Kush have you ever seen your all mighty flyers win a cup? I haven't

Not for a very, very long time.. unless you count the Flyers west this year

But!!! that was a very brash and abrasive comment and that doesn't fly around here.