Thread: E.Kane deal close?

The Great One

Default E.Kane deal close?

Not to sure how to read the language of this article but sounds like Jets and Kane are close. Speculating something around 6 years with Kessel/Tavares contracts listed as comparables...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400802

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Hey atleast now, if this deal gets done, Evander will be able to afford to pay for his meals at restaurants now in Winnipeg.. HAHA.. No more going to Ray and Jerry's and asking for your meal to be "comped" Mr. Kane..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Hey atleast now, if this deal gets done, Evander will be able to afford to pay for his meals at restaurants now in Winnipeg.. HAHA.. No more going to Ray and Jerry's and asking for your meal to be "comped" Mr. Kane..
    Lmao- Im in Winnipeg right now- and its funny how many people bring that up- hahah!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow if he can get Toews/Kessel money then good for him. He's well on his way to a similar level but to give it to him this early is risky on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Lmao- Im in Winnipeg right now- and its funny how many people bring that up- hahah!
    What's this story you guys speak of?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What's this story you guys speak of?
    Here is the story, along with a critical analysis of the situation

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...137844063.html

The Great One

Im a leafs fan at heart but am super excited for the jets andhave already seen more live jets games then I have buds games- lol! The crappy part about this is that rumours, BS, and this type of "under the microscope" treatment will probably end up chasing players out of a town that already has its questions about attracting new players.

Their were rumours that Kane would not sign a long term contract and that he my have been luke warm on the idea of remaining a jet and you have to think this kind of stuff plays into that. Its not quite a disaster if he doesnt sign but its a pretty harsh blow.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    The Jets need Kane.. But Kane needs to have fans like the fans in Winnipeg aswell..

I only joke about the "Ray and Jerry's" episode, I'm going to leave it at that though..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

OP next time could you put E. Kane please You had me scared there
    10 Team One Year H2H Non-Playoff League
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, STP, ATOI, SOG, BLK, DEF Pts.
    Goalies: W, SO, Svs., SV%, GAA
    Daily Roster 9 Forwards 5 Defence 2 Goalies 2 UTIL count.
    F - Seguin, Voracek, Ladd, Little, Cammalleri, Panarin, Domi, Barkov, Nelson, Zucker, Monahan, Koivu, Draisaitl, Couture (IR)
    D - Carlson, Faulk, Ekblad, Vatanen, Lindholm, Krug
    G - Luongo, Jones, Rask

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by cursayer View Post
    OP next time could you put E. Kane please You had me scared there
    Hahaha- lol- sorry about - that!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Wow if he can get Toews/Kessel money then good for him. He's well on his way to a similar level but to give it to him this early is risky on their part.
    Actually Kane is perfectly at Kessel's level when Kessel signed his current contract. You have to make the comparison at the point when they sign their deals - not comparing what Kessel is now to Kane. Kessel had 29, 37 and 60 point seasons under his belt when he signed his current deal. Kane has 26, 43 and 57 point season under his belt currently. Both had one 30 goal season. Kessel had some great numbers in playoffs too but the cap has also risen since by over $10 million.

Tavares signed his new contract before last season when he had 54 and 67 point seasons under his belt so he's also a decent comparison.

So I don't think it would be that much more risky than it were with those guys. There's always a risk when you pay for player's potential but like it has paid off with Kessel/Tavares it could very well pay off with Kane.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jets have made an offer to E.Kane of 6 years $29M. Would be a great way to lock him up long-term if he accepts.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...163488756.html

Just 24 players in the NHL scored more goals than Evander Kane last season and the Winnipeg Jets have placed a premium value on his services, offering him a rich and long-term contract.
    Kane and his representatives are mulling over a six-year deal in the neighbourhood of $29 million as negotiations between the two sides have ramped up.
    It’s swap-proposal time in the Kane talks and unless someone digs in their heels, an agreement should be reached. Talks to this point have been productive with both sides proving to be creative and flexible in order to get an agreement that works for everyone.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Jets have made an offer to E.Kane of 6 years $29M. Would be a great way to lock him up long-term if he accepts.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...163488756.html
    Nice. For all the rumours it sure sounds like negotiations are going smoothly, if methodically. Should just be a matter of time, by the sounds of it, and it looks to be a deal both teams will be happy with. I'll be thrilled if Kane signs for 6 years!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

$4.83M caphit for the next 6 years? I could live with that