Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jays vs. Yanks (Tuesday July 17th)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Jays vs. Yanks (Tuesday July 17th)

As of right now(end of the 2nd inning) the JAYS seem to have no giddy-up at all..

Is it because the injuries are finally taking a toll on the JAYS??
    Is it because they are playing against a team that could probably beat the National league all-stars??
    Or is it because they miss their silent leader in Jose Bautista??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

I could have told you this was gonna happen (and told my buddy who bets on baseball games that taking the Yankees tonight was about as sure a bet as you can get)

Cecil - Garbage. Only reason why he is up with the team is because they need arms. Leaves pitches up in the zone, velocity isn't anywhere near good enough to compensate. Going up against this lineup in this ballpark with Cecil? Slaughter waiting to happen IMO. Right now it's still a close 3-0 game but I wouldn't be surprised if Cecil leaves the game allowing 6-7 runs.

Sabathia - Absolutely dominates the Jays. Hasn't lost a decision against us since 2009 or something like that.

Lineup shuffles due to the Bautista injury...I'm really not a fan of Davis in the leadoff spot..while he's got some insane wheels I think he has horrible plate discipline and has no idea how to read breaking balls.

Things are just a mess with this team right now. Really sad to watch as a fan. Only thing going right for the Jays right now are Janssen, Oliver, and Encarnacion.

Even Frasor has been pretty balls this year...which is sad to see because I'm a big fan of his. I'd be curious to know how many runs he has allowed after coming into a game with runners on. Always seems like when he does the bases end up getting cleared.

Could go on and on....
    Last edited by bondon; July 17, 2012 at 7:59 PM.

I was kinda hoping we would get a first look at Gose tonight.. Now those are some wheels!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I was kinda hoping we would get a first look at Gose tonight.. Now those are some wheels!!
    I was hoping to see Gose tonight too!

At least Lind is still hitting!! GO JAYS GO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I was hoping to see Gose tonight too!

At least Lind is still hitting!! GO JAYS GO
    Hah...I was just about to say...wtf Lind got a hit off a left-hander? Pigs gonna fly tomorrow too?

Guy can't hit left-handed pitching for his life.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Why the hell does Lawrie insist of sprinting down the line when he thinks it's ball four......because Im pretty sure CC just threw a VERY similar pitch to Edwin as what he threw Lawrie on his sprint and the ump called it strike three.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Why the hell does Lawrie insist of sprinting down the line when he thinks it's ball four......because Im pretty sure CC just threw a VERY similar pitch to Edwin as what he threw Lawrie on his sprint and the ump called it strike three.
    Been my #1 pet peeve with the team this year, and I think ultimately they're shooting themselves in the foot. Umpires don't like getting shown up, and that's exactly what a few of the guys on this team insist on doing on a regular basis (Bautista, Lawrie, ESCOBAR...Escobar always acts like a diva on the field).

I think it all comes from a lack of leadership on the club. For all the praise Bautista gets I personally think he's a horrible leader. Guys like Winfield and Carter back in the day knew how to lead a team properly.

And here is the debut of Anthony Gose!!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Been my #1 pet peeve with the team this year, and I think ultimately they're shooting themselves in the foot. Umpires don't like getting shown up, and that's exactly what a few of the guys on this team insist on doing on a regular basis (Bautista, Lawrie, ESCOBAR...Escobar always acts like a diva on the field).

I think it all comes from a lack of leadership on the club. For all the praise Bautista gets I personally think he's a horrible leader. Guys like Winfield and Carter back in the day knew how to lead a team properly.
    But then I hear guys like Mike "never says anything negative about the Jays" Wilner say that Jose is the best leader he has ever seen for the Jays.

#1 pet peeve for sure. I mean how can they not see that there is a correlation. Even if this is all just fan speculation....WHY RISK IT!?!?

Dobber Sports Ninja

But then I hear guys like Mike "never says anything negative about the Jays" Wilner say that Jose is the best leader he has ever seen for the Jays.

#1 pet peeve for sure. I mean how can they not see that there is a correlation. Even if this is all just fan speculation....WHY RISK IT!?!?
    Lmao, I honestly could not agree more about Wilner...absolute homer. I also hate how he's so goddamn arrogant.. I mean I know that there are some fans that call into JaysTalk that have no idea what they're talking about and sometimes call with knee-jerk reactions to the game earlier that night, but he basically treats everyone who isn't all smiles about this team like idiots.

Dobber Sports Immortal

......ugh........

What a horrible call on Edwin..

Dobber Sports Immortal

Since we have a nice little Jays chat going....should I start Romero vs NYY tomorrow? Im leading int K, ERA and WHIP; but down 2-3 and 4-3 in Wins and Losses respectively.

b0ndon...I didn't want to start a thread entitled "Who to start" for obvious reasons....

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha...jerk

I dunno I wouldn't be expecting a whole lot from Romero tomorrow...Jays bats clearly aren't where they need to be and while Romero was pretty solid in his last outing he has some horrible numbers against the Yankees career-wise (I think his ERA is over 5 and his WHIP is over 1.4).

So I guess it depends on how big of a lead you have on those categories and how much faith you have in Romero's ability to shut down a hot offense that he's never really been good against lol. I mean you've got nothing to lose in the L column since you're already losing it...but I guess the question you have to ask is if it's worth trying to tie wins and risk losing ERA and WHIP.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Gose = my new favorite player

Was that even a bunt?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gose = my new favorite player

Was that even a bunt?
    LOL...looked like he was trying to slap-bunt it. Amateur move by Rapada there...no way you're going to be able to double up Gose even if you manage to get the guy at second. You get the out at first and you have two outs with two runners on....being up 6-1 those two runners don't mean squat.

They're teasing us again lol...I had such high hopes last night that they might be able to tie it up in the ninth and then Rasmus strikes out looking.