Thread: My Carlson for Saad and what?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default My Carlson for Saad and what?

I have a ton of good dmen on my keeper team. If I combine the main team and farm I have the following: Letang, Phaneuf, Suter, Green, Seabrook, Garrison, Carlson, Meszaros, McBain, Hamilton and Justin Schultz. We start 5 D daily and I usually carry 1 or 2 more on the bench. We have 13 skater categories, so hits and blocks are included. No shots.

There's a GM asking me about Carlson and the only guy that I know for sure that I want on his team is Saad. He also has Ryder, Johansson, Berglund, Kyle Palmieri, JvR and Stalberg. I've also been toying with the idea of upgrading my draft pick to his as a throw-in. I would move up to #21 from #23, so that's just a little spice to the deal if it happens. The reason I want to go there is because both Rielly, Collberg and Lindholm are available

What should I go for?

We start 3 of each forward position daily and we have a utility spot as well. I've been trying to build up my winger depth for a while, but I always seem to pick up good FA dmen instead of good FA wingers. Well, better anyway.

My forwards:

C: Kopitar, Backstrom, Spezza, Stepan, Little, Laich, Bolland, Mueller, Craig Smith, Nyquist, Mcdonald (yeah, I know some of these are wingers, but we use ESPN and these are their default positions)
    LW: Ladd, Clowe, Cammalleri, McGinn, Steen, Morin, Silfverberg, Puempel, Rene Bourque, Conacher
    RW: Lupul, Kane, Doan, Pominville, Stafford, Downie, Rattie, Gallagher, Stone

Basically, I'm not sure Carlson will get mindblowing numbers now that he's being counted on for defense so much. Yes, he'll get 35-40 with few PIM and a solid amount of blocks. He won't get a huge amount of PPP. I have a feeling he'll be fairly low on my list of dmen. So I figure I should get some forwards for him.

Saad looks good and I already have Morin. That could help me potentially lock up some Chicago top six LW. But Saad is just a prospect and Saad alone doesn't cover Carlson's value. Would Saad + Rielly be enough (if I get his pick and don't give him mine) or should I ask for more? Saad + Palmieri + pick/pick switch? Can/should I ask for JvR? He's a pretty die-hard Flyers fan.

Help me out here, I need to make a decision fairly quick. Rep for answers that make me think!
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

The pick upgrade is not that significant, only 2 spots up. Whats the guarantee that any of those 3 rookies be available by the time you pick? Sure, give it a shot for a pick swap. But id ask for Saad + (player)

Its good he is a Flyer fan, he must dislike JVR now that he is a Leaf . Id aim for that first Saad + JVR + 21st for Carlson + your 23rd. He asked for Carlson, he knows his value. Make him pay for it. JVR fills in a NEED which is to build up your winger depth.

G'Luck!
    Fantasy Hockey Keeper Leagues
    {Linden Cup Year 9: 16 GM Points only - Hockeydraft} "Back 2 Back Champions!"
    {TBIM Year 3: 18 GM H2H - Fantrax}
    {NFHA II Inaugural Year 1: 20 GM Roto Salary cap- Fantrax}
    {ZFHL Year 1: 30 GM Roto Salary cap - Fantrax}
    {NHDL Year 1: 16 GM H2H - Fantrax}

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The GM who has the pick is on the clock so any one of those are guaranteed.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    The GM who has the pick is on the clock so any one of those are guaranteed.
    Cool then. Must get that pick if Rielly is high on your list. I still think Saad + pick upgrade is the minimum for Carlson. If he doesnt bite w/ JVR, Palmieri is a good sweetener to your winger depth. If Johansson plays wing in your league, id take a shot at him too.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Johansson was C only last season. If he plays a lot of wing next year ESPN could probably add that eligibility.

I have two offers on the table for him. Saad, Palmieri and the pick for my Carlson or Saad, JvR, the pick for Carlson + my pick. We'll see what happens.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Why you want to trade Carlson ???? shouldnt he be a stud ??

Are you that hi for Saad ????
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i'd do the deal for JVR. i'd offer carlson for JVR + his pick. you can throw in your 2nd rounder if you feel he'll need it coming back.
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Giant

swap the pick and also add any one of Johansson, Berglund, Kyle Palmieri, JvR to saad.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I want to deal Carlson because this guy wants him and I'm loaded at D, plus I'm not convinced that Carlson will become that pure offensive stud that he could be just because he's so good defensively.

Anyhow, seems like the GM doesn't want to deal Saad or JvR. Do I go for Berglund and Palmieri + pick swap for Carlson?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Guru

Don't get trapped dealing in a rush when you're not thrilled. Palmieri isn't a lock to me, and I still like Berglund, but his regression has definitely been frustrating.

I guarantee he's not the only owner that might be interested in Carlson.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Anyhow, seems like the GM doesn't want to deal Saad or JvR. Do I go for Berglund and Palmieri + pick swap for Carlson?
    wth..he "doesnt" want to deal Saad/JVR? The nerve...and he asked for Carlson?! wth..
    I wouldnt want his sloppy seconds for Carlson. You shouldnt be catering to him, leave that party and wait for the next decent invite that suits your needs.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

seems like the GM doesn't want to deal Saad or JvR. Do I go for Berglund and Palmieri + pick swap for Carlson?
    really convenient for him that he wants something from you, but doesn't really want to give anything up.

i think berglund has as many, if not more, question marks as carlson. but, i think carlson's more likely to answer them.

i'd hold out for a better return. i think carlson's value will only go up so i doesn't help you to dump him for an extremely mediocre return.
    7 Team Salary Cap Keep 6 League - Points only
    (protect max 6, salary cap = $103.5million)
    FWD: G/A = 1pt, D: G=2pts, A=1pt, Goalie Win = 2pts, Shutout = 3pts
    Dress 4LW, 4C, 4RW, 6d-men, 2 goalies (max 6 bench spots)

LW - Benn (LW/C)
    C -
    RW - Kucherov, Ovechkin (LW/RW)
    D - Gostisbehere, Letang
    Goalie - Holtby

on the bubble: Galchenyuk (C/LW), T. Johnson (C), M. Reilly (D), Yandle (D), Doughty (D)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would personally do Berglund + that 21st pick for Carlson.

I think Rielly will have just as much value very very shortly as Carlson.

But that's just me.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Looks like it's fizzling. He says Berglund is on the rise (and Carlson isn't?) and he's admittedly quite thin at center. But if he doesn't want to give anything up nothing is happening. He's pretty strong on the wings so I don't see why Saad would be such a big deal to give up at this point.

Oh well, even if Rielly is taken in the next two picks before it's my turn, I will still get my hands on either Brodin or Lindholm when it's my turn, so **** it. I just thought that I should see if he still wants Carlson now that he's dangling his pick.

How would you rank my D btw? The categories are G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, FOW, Hits and BLK. We used to have SHG and SHA but that felt too random and we might be adding takeaways or a shootout category if that becomes available next year.

My ranking looks something like this: Letang, Phaneuf, Seabrook, Suter, Green, Meszaros, Garrison, Carlson, Schultz, Hamilton, McBain

I like guys that are multicat studs, like Letang, Phaneuf and Seabrook. I'm looking to add one or two new D in this draft, hopefully one of Rielly/Brodin/Lindholm and McNabb.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Nothing is more irritating than a GM who sends you a message saying they want one of your players, you mention a few players you like, and they say no those guys aren't avaliable. They make YOU do the hard part of coming up with an offer, then when you do they just say no. It's like they're hoping you'll make an offer that rips yourself off so they can put in zero effort and win a trade.