Thread: Pick a WR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pick a WR

Here's the situation. We keep 3 players. I am protecting Jamaal Charles and Adrian Peterson.
    I have the option to keep Wallace or Turner. I also have the option to trade Turner for AJ Green or Julio Jones. OR I can trade Wallace for Demaryius Thomas What do I do? Does AJ Green carry the most value out of Wallace and Jones? I feel Jones has more value as he has an established QB, along with Wallace. Thomas could light it up with Manning as the QB

12 teams H2H Points

Receiving Yards (REY) 0.1 Each reception (REC) 1
    TD Reception (RETD) 6 40+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD40) 1
    50+ yard TD rec bonus (RETD50) 2 2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2
    100-199 yard receiving game (REY100) 1 200+ yard receiving game (REY200) 2
    Last edited by nyihater4life; July 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What can you get for Chaarles and Wallace?

Keep AP, dish Turner for Green, keep what you get for Chaarles and Wallace combo.

That would be my train of thought depending on where AP is at. They are both injury risks and I wouldn't keep two RBs with ? marks. Green is going to get better and doesn't look the type to slump.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post

Keep AP, dish Turner for Green, keep what you get for Chaarles and Wallace combo.

That would be my train of thought depending on where AP is at. They are both injury risks and I wouldn't keep two RBs with ? marks. Green is going to get better and doesn't look the type to slump.
    Isn't AP a bigger risk? He tore is MCL and ACL. Charles tore his ACL in week 2 and has had a full season/off season of rest.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by nyihater4life View Post
    Isn't AP a bigger risk? He tore is MCL and ACL. Charles tore his ACL in week 2 and has had a full season/off season of rest.
    YEs, but Charles doesn't have the same pedigree or track record. Wasn't sold on his draft ranking last year and his injury just adds more question marks for me. Look at Foster last year, he dropped dramatically in rankings (even more so in my money league's draft) and look what happened when he came back healthy.

Peterson and his running style will always be a risk. But he's a beast. Charles has never impressed me. Just my 2 cents.

I should state that I am a huge Viking fan (though I live in Vancouver), but I also passed over AP two years ago and "reached" for Rice. It was the right call at #2, and lucky, but AP would have been my #3. Viking homer or not, I draft to my rankings.

Charles and Wallace could land you one of the big boys, whoever they are. Dalton and Green are going to be a minimum Ryan/White type combo from here on out. While the Red Rifle will never be a top 5 QB in my estimation, he's smart and solid and the same can be said for Green. I am not sure who they have at WR2, that could put a damper if it's some slug, but these two are going to be dynamite.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Charles got hurt so early that he will probably be fine, but knee injuries are tough. I would definitely see how he looks in preseason. Do you mean Mike Wallace? If so, why not just keep Mike Wallace he is a premier WR. If I were you, I would keep AP, Mike Wallace and try to package Charles/Turner for a better RB. If not, I wouldn't mind keeping Wallace & Julio or AJ Green. I am not sure why you do not like Wallace though.
    Girrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooux

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default I would...

I'd trade Turner for AJ Green and then keep Green, AP and Charles

Of course, I'd prefer you trade Charles for someone else - if you can get something like Spec7ral suggests for Charles/Wallace to upgrade your 3rd keeper great, but the gamble on Charles isn't too bad.

See if you can get Forte or DeMarco Murray for Jamaal Charles and throw Wallace in as gravy if the owners lack 3 strong keepers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Good information here by Dyv and spec. If you can trade Turner for AJ Green do it NOW.

WR is deep this year and RB gets dicey after about RB17 so I would keep both Charles and AP. Any other options?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the input guys. That is my only options at the moment. I'll update as I go.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wallace is a keeper forsure!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post

As a Steelers fan, i'm telling you right now, Wallace will NOT put up the numbers he did last year. Teams caught onto him by the end of the year, which is why Brown broke out. Even more critical is the addition of Todd Haley's offense, which will feature an H-back. The Steelers will try to run more. Also, there had been a ton of talk that our HB's like Batch and Rainey will get a lot of dump passes to exploit mismatches with LB's. This won't be as vertical an offense, and that is Wallace's thing. Move him while you can!!!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Funny that we're talking about Wallace. I was just offered a 2nd and Jones or Green for Wallace. Obviously taking this deal.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    As a Steelers fan, i'm telling you right now, Wallace will NOT put up the numbers he did last year. Teams caught onto him by the end of the year, which is why Brown broke out. Even more critical is the addition of Todd Haley's offense, which will feature an H-back. The Steelers will try to run more. Also, there had been a ton of talk that our HB's like Batch and Rainey will get a lot of dump passes to exploit mismatches with LB's. This won't be as vertical an offense, and that is Wallace's thing. Move him while you can!!!
    This is exactly my thoughts. Teams caught onto Wallace and he was inconsistent from a fantasy aspect. Didn't provide me many points. I'm iffy on him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default I love Wallace

I love Wallace - but I love him more if he signs a 1 year deal with PIT plays out his contract and then moves to New Orleans next year and I'm in a keeper league.

But for 1 year value, he is what he is - some good games, but he's not elite. He's a 2nd or high 3rd tier WR.

Wallace for Green or Jones and a 2nd is pure theft, both Green and Jones have ELITE potential and Wallace is simply good.