Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who is this guy?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Seriously?? Felix "The Cat" Potivin is back??
    No, he is not.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    But Chemmy doesn't try to be funny, he's just a Leafs' blogger.
    This is such a delicious jab at the Toronto blogosphere. Subtle, yet effective
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

This is why I don't have twitter. I get my info from major media websites and the Dobber Network of course. I thoroughly enjoy reading you guys calling out these guys though. Other than flirting with babes semi-anonymously, I don't see any positives that come from twitter haha
    Last edited by Ross The Boss Palmer; July 16, 2012 at 4:59 PM.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't understand why someone would use this moron Eklund wannabe as an argument for not using Twitter at all. Use Twitter, but just don't follow this guy.

It's like saying "that's why I don't read newspapers" just because some random tabloid is publishing articles about how aliens from Mars impregnated Paris Hilton and are influencing Obama to ruin America.

Bottom line: You can't categorically dismiss Twitter based on a handful of idiots posting garbage. If you're using critical thinking and you consider the credibility of different Twitter accounts you can have a wonderful experience. You can also follow other people than hockey insiders, you know...
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Bottom line: You can't categorically dismiss Twitter based on a handful of idiots posting garbage. If you're using critical thinking and you consider the credibility of different Twitter accounts you can have a wonderful experience. You can also follow other people than hockey insiders, you know...

Ah, critical thinking.

This article is going to make you die a little inside sentium...

They'll have to ban twitter in Texas!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

What the hell? People still read newspapers?

I get any news I might be interested in FROM Twitter.

Dobber Sports Pro

I don't understand why someone would use this moron Eklund wannabe as an argument for not using Twitter at all. Use Twitter, but just don't follow this guy.

It's like saying "that's why I don't read newspapers" just because some random tabloid is publishing articles about how aliens from Mars impregnated Paris Hilton and are influencing Obama to ruin America.

I don't have twitter for different reasons than those that you mentioned. I don't have twitter because I enjoy looking for my information. Finding information is ritualistic to me and I enjoy it. Has nothing to do with rumour mongers.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    I don't have twitter for different reasons than those that you mentioned. I don't have twitter because I enjoy looking for my information. Finding information is ritualistic to me and I enjoy it. Has nothing to do with rumour mongers.
    Wow. How Luddite are you? When it comes to just hockey, there is soooooo much that Twitter can give you. Beat writers covering teams that send out information on the fly on Twitter. Goalie starts. In general, if you splice in Twitter to your regular information gathering, the coverage and amount of information you can get in a given amount of time goes sky high compared to if you just "find" your own information on the regular sites that you frequent. You'll also be exposed to fresh information channels that you wouldn't even have considered on your own.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Ah, critical thinking.

This article is going to make you die a little inside sentium...

They'll have to ban twitter in Texas!
    Already saw that. Bunch of lunatics. They're pushing for it in Louisiana as well. They're also going to use school literature from ACE (advanced christian education IIRC) that says that the theory of evolution is disproven because there are dinosaurs on Earth today. What dinosaurs? Why, the Loch Ness Monster of course! For real, that's in a printed school book that's going to be used in Texas and Louisiana, if not in more places. That's the kind of of powerful stupid that makes me loathe certain specific parts and people of America and I don't even live there for crying out loud. My head would explode if I lived there
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Pro

Wow. How Luddite are you? When it comes to just hockey, there is soooooo much that Twitter can give you. Beat writers covering teams that send out information on the fly on Twitter. Goalie starts. In general, if you splice in Twitter to your regular information gathering, the coverage and amount of information you can get in a given amount of time goes sky high compared to if you just "find" your own information on the regular sites that you frequent. You'll also be exposed to fresh information channels that you wouldn't even have considered on your own.
    Haha I definitely know of the positives. Leo (Straight Chillin) convinced me to try it last summer. Wasn't for me. I have pretty severe ADHD and so I only had it for a day or two before it drove me crazy.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Ah, that explains it. Too bad, really, but it's awesome that you tried it and knows what works for you. Sometimes I think that maybe I should cut down the list of people I follow just because I'm an information junkie (like a lot of guys here, I suspect) and sometimes I get a bit carried away, but I can also ignore the feed for days without really bothering to check it. I always check my RSS feed for the most essential stuff.
    GO WINGS!