Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where did you come from?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Where did you come from?

this is the first forum i\'ve ever participated in. not sure how i found it... thn maybe, or perhaps the forecaster mag

Torture

I used HF at the beginning of the year for Fantasy hockey advise, but overall I felt that the intelligence there was no better than your average 2 year old\'s.

So I google\'d \"fantasy hockey forum\" and found DobberHockey. Haven\'t looked back since!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is the first, and only, hockey forum I participate in. I knew about Dobber through THN but didn\'t discover the site until I saw an ad for it in THN\'s Pool Guide for this year... it may very well be my last ever THN Pool Guide purchase.
    11 Teams - Keep 8 - Points only - 12F/3D/1G

F-Backstrom, Kucherov, Laine, Kuznetsov, Granlund, Mackinnon, Radulov,
    Bergeron, Palat, Nyquist, Little, Nugent-Hopkins, Stastny, Backlund, Sheary, Brassard
    D-Shattenkirk, Suter, Yandle, Leddy
    G-Rask, Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

found this through the espn article dobber used to write i think a couple of years ago.

BTW, I think that there should be some sort of betting area where people make bets using karma or something...

Super Moderator

In the summer, was at my buddy\'s house (who finished 1st in our pool last year, I finished 2nd) and used his computer. To my curiousity I see www.dobberhockey.com. Never looked back.

p.s. So far 1st in the pool this year.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Expert

new to hockey forums. Used to browse some other forum that I now forget, but it sucked. This is the only hockey forum I have liked enough to post on.

oh yeah, absolutely no idea how i got here...

Dobber Sports Master

smack1919 wrote:
    In the summer, was at my buddy\'s house (who finished 1st in our pool last year, I finished 2nd) and used his computer. To my curiousity I see www.dobberhockey.com. Never looked back.

I have renamed my bookmark for this website so this kind of thing won\'t happen.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Torture

Crazynuck wrote:
    smack1919 wrote:

I have renamed my bookmark for this website so this kind of thing won\'t happen.
    Good idea....might have to do the same here. B)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I always got the THN pool guide and a few others that weren\'t as good just to try and pick up any info that I could. I was just googling to try and find info and ran across this site.

I started to watch the forums and pick up the info and notice my brother had already found it. I spent the first few weeks (right before our draft) watching my brother\'s post (he made it too obvious it was him) and gathering info. Immediately ordered the guide. Drafted Carcillo from the guide and completely pissed off another GM who thought my brother told me about him (he didn\'t).
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Apprentice

great story!

- -
    Stats: G A PPP SHP PIM +/- GWG FW (goalie W GAA SV% SHO)
    12Team - H2H - WEEKLY changes -
    *keeper - Hybrid 1yr/Keeper league

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I actually found this site from the forum at Hockey Informer ( www.hockeyinformer.com or http://forums.hockeyinformer.com/index.php ). One of the posters mentioned Dobber\'s site and I decided to check it out. I actually found Hockey Informer because I was looking for a site to help with goalie starts. So I found Dobber in a round about way.

The one thing Dobber\'s site does is save me time. I use to read 4 or 5 sources to get all my fantasy hockey news/tips (TSN\'s Ice Chips, Forecaster Daily Slate, etc.). But the reason this site is so great is that the bullshit non-fantasy news is cut out. You won\'t get detailed injury reports on Jay McKee here. Just news on players that are worth owning.

The one thing I do wish was that the Dobber forums were a little more active. I still post at HI because it has a great community and some great hockey info.

Dobber Sports Pro

i used to not be in forums at all and just looked through THN and rotoworld, then i joined fantasyhockeycafe\'s forum but they were really slow in their replies, then one of the ppl there refered me to myfantasyinsider.com which was good at the time but then it got spammed like crazy and was forced to shutdown but before that someone there told me about dobberhockey and i never looked back. came in 3rd 2 years ago when i didn\'t know about this site, came first last year thanks to this site, currently in 2nd and just clinched a playoff spot.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Padawan

I entered Futureshop\'s playoff pool last year, and I could be wrong, but I believe Dobber had a video blog of fantasy advice every week or every couple of days on Futureshop\'s website.

At the beginning of this season, I was asked to join a Yahoo hockey pool (first ever), and climbed aboard.

Like everyone else, I searched for fantasy hockey sites online and I recognized the \'dobber\' (from the Futureshop pool I think) in dobberhockey.com.

I checked out this site, some of the columnists, articles and message board postings and was hooked.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My brother & I used to (and occasionally still) go to hfboards.com. He told me about some site they were talking about on the Rangers forum(dobberhockey.com), and now im hooked. I need to go to boards posters anonymous.

Dobber Sports Pro

I was pretty new to hockey forums, although I had been lurking HF boards and the san jose sharks boards for a while.

I found this site when I searched for something about fantasy hockey, and this site had...well, a decent number of residents. It was back in the dobber mailbag(with comments) era :P
    Man, when the forums began, I must have made 100 posts in the first 2 days. It was probably the last time me and Lanky were close in that regard. :P
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin