Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where did you come from?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Where did you come from?

I was mainly on Hockey Informer last year until I found your playoff analysis. I still go to Hockey Informer for one thing. Each day, there a \"Starting Goalie\" thread listing all the matchups and categorizing all the goalies. I find it useful and would love to see the same thing here. That could be something Justin can do.

I...am your father.

narduch wrote:
    The one thing I do wish was that the Dobber forums were a little more active. I still post at HI because it has a great community and some great hockey info.
    We\'re getting there - growing by a few users daily, so I hope to have 5000 by the end of the summer, which would double the activity. Also, with faster page loads (coming soon) more people will be inclined to participate.

Love the feedback everyone. Surprised I\'m not seeing more from Hockey Utopia, Hockey Informer, or Fantasy Hockey Cafe. Those are decent forums, but I want DH to be the best in that we have our expert writers active in the forum as well.

Canuck - you have been as priceless as Shoeless since you joined up. Thank you!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

I used to check starting goalies on hockey informer last year, than this year someone told me in our pool (unfortunately I forget who) about the site and its line combos, so I went on here to look those up once in a while. I used to email Chris Nicols over at sportsnet.ca for his fantasy advice, but with the volume of emails he was collecting I finally decided to sign up for the forums here and it\'s probably the best thing I ever did. I still go on sportsnet to read their nightly recaps, as for any kind of advice or just to talk about hockey, dobberhockey is the one for me. I think I\'ll be looking into getting the pool guide for next year, and ditch the score forecaster :P
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Genius

did a google search for fantasy hockey and some how through that process i stumbled across this site , i knew almost from day one that this was a diamond in the rough. quickly added this to my favs and use this site for about 75% of my info. this is the only forum i\'m involved in. it\'s the good advice , interesting comments and incite , the knowledge of the posters , all these things are priceless. what i would like to see is a top 100 players for each posistion and if possable to be able to click on each player and get their stats , similar to c.b.s sports.scoreboard with game log and recap would be nice as well.basically one stop shopping!,lol.grat post dobber , keep up the great work.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Genius

I\'m here since dobberhockey 1,0 beta version ! :laugh:

You know the one with the ramblings (in blue) on the main page. Really don\'t remember how I find this site.

I\'m here every hour of week days.

The only other forum I go is HFBoard but almost just read stuff on it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Dobber wrote:
    We\'re getting there - growing by a few users daily, so I hope to have 5000 by the end of the summer, which would double the activity. Also, with faster page loads (coming soon) more people will be inclined to participate.

Love the feedback everyone. Surprised I\'m not seeing more from Hockey Utopia, Hockey Informer, or Fantasy Hockey Cafe. Those are decent forums, but I want DH to be the best in that we have our expert writers active in the forum as well.
    B)
    You\'re certainly getting there Dobber! As I\'ve already said, it\'s the best forum community I\'ve ever seen. There\'s many knowledgeable people in the forum and you have premium writers as well. If you had the ramblings and all the guides you produce, you can only be the number one FH site!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber wrote:

Love the feedback everyone. Surprised I\'m not seeing more from Hockey Utopia...

Canuck - you have been as priceless as Shoeless since you joined up. Thank you!

B)
    Was a regular on Hockey Utopia but didn\'t know early on if it was \"taboo\" or not to post other forums on here. I know some other sites out there have kittens when their members post \"competition\" up on it and am thankful that we\'re chill-enough not to get into a twist when other guys are mentioned. Sink or swim, the best rise to the top - and thats exactly what this forum/site is doing by the day more and more.

- -
    Stats: G A PPP SHP PIM +/- GWG FW (goalie W GAA SV% SHO)
    12Team - H2H - WEEKLY changes -
    *keeper - Hybrid 1yr/Keeper league

I...am your father.

I\'m not threatened by competition, as long as people know that what they offer I also offer (when applicable). The competition can even steal my ideas if they want - I\'ll never feel threatened because they can never steal my brain...and that\'s what the people want! :lol:

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I thought it was your body Dobber? This is the only message board that i\'m part of.. I do scroll around other web sites and message boards just to get a heads up on a player... You never can have enough info.. It also seems if any of us do find the extra info on a guy we seem to share it on this web site anyways... Seems like we are starting a fantasy hockey family here!

Dobber Sports Ace

i\'m another former hockeyutopia user, which ironically enough, is where i found out about this place. i was a pretty active poster on that site at the beginning of the year.

one of the other posters on that site mentioned something about a \'dobber\' and i had no idea what that was. being a fantasy sponge, as i\'m relatively new to fantasy sports, i check everything out in order to try and get an edge, so i googled dobber and it brought me here.

at first, i was posting on both message boards, along with joos and recordstyle, but that only lasted a while. it was just too much work to do both especially when everything i need is here and for the most part i felt the feedback i got here was better.

i love the community here, for the most part everyone is very generous and knowledgeable, and the writers are great. i\'ve joined status\' baseball pool through this site and have found that not only is he a great fantasy hockey writer, but he\'s a pretty cool guy too!

so that\'s my deal.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Ninja

I\'ve always been a forum lurker, until I found this place.

I found the website through a banner ad at tqstats.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

wow just saw this now.

originally was a mod on \"myfantasyinsider\" forums, then it got raped by spam, moved domains, then shutdown.

An ex-coworker of mine from Electronic Arts let me peak at the Dobber Guide at the start of the 06/07 Season and I\'ve been hooked since.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Seen your ad in a the hockey news and came to the site and now i\'m on here more than I see my wife...
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM