Thread: Editing our "signatures"

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Editing our "signatures"

I've been using this site for quite some time and have come across some pretty sweet looking signatures. I always wondered how the hell guys were able to do this. I asked a friend he personalizes his signature with different colors, bolding characters and this is what he had to say:

"...over the signature, there is different buttons like ''bold'' ''underline''...on the right side, there is an A underline, press down the arrow, and you can choose the color.

As for the pics, under the ''edit signature square'' you should have an ''signature picture square editor'' where you can insert a picture from your PC."

It sounds simple enough, the problem is I don't have any of those buttons like Bold and Underline...nor do I have an A underline as he suggest. Any ideas why I wouldn't have these and how I would access them?

THanks
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't have those either. The best bet would be to google the codes for each thing that you want to do. for example i know bold and italics and can be done by using [ b ] [ i ] respectively. with a corresponding [/tag] and no spaces in between
    Last edited by jeffl97; July 10, 2012 at 1:52 PM.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks that should work for the writing but I was hoping to add a pic as well...and I don't have that option...not sure why we're limited like that?
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

We aren't limited. Google is your friend. Just find the vbulletin code that you want to use to do whatever with your signature and try it out. Vbulletin is the name of the forum software this site uses, pretty much the most common forum software on the internet, so if you know how to use it here, you'll know how to use it on other sites. But the [ b ] stuff is just basic bulletin board code that goes pretty much anywhere and it has been that way for... well the 90s. It's nothing new.

It wasn't long ago when all of that stuff was common knowledge for everyone? Have we really gotten to the point where we need buttons to do such basic stuff?

Anyway, if you want a picture you can upload a picture from your computer. Just click on User CP, go to Edit Signature and scroll down and you'll find where you can upload a picture. To get that picture into your signature you have to put [ sigpic ][ /sigpic ] without the spaces right where you want it in your signature.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    We aren't limited. Google is your friend. Just find the vbulletin code that you want to use to do whatever with your signature and try it out. Vbulletin is the name of the forum software this site uses, pretty much the most common forum software on the internet, so if you know how to use it here, you'll know how to use it on other sites. But the [ b ] stuff is just basic bulletin board code that goes pretty much anywhere and it has been that way for... well the 90s. It's nothing new.

It wasn't long ago when all of that stuff was common knowledge for everyone? Have we really gotten to the point where we need buttons to do such basic stuff?

Anyway, if you want a picture you can upload a picture from your computer. Just click on User CP, go to Edit Signature and scroll down and you'll find where you can upload a picture. To get that picture into your signature you have to put [ sigpic ][ /sigpic ] without the spaces right where you want it in your signature.
    Thanks Sentium. That helps...so I guess guys don't have those "Word" like buttons for Formatting?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well, it depends. Vbulletin is a very flexible platform and the people who license it for their sites, guys like Dobber, they can add different plugins to suit their needs. There is a whole bunch of people programming that stuff that they share for free. Sometimes it's because it's a feature they're missing and they just go "**** it, I'll do it myself" and other times it's because of requests and whatnot. My guess is that the site using buttons and stuff like that is using a plugin that adds those buttons to the interface. Or perhaps it's the user who has a plugin for Firefox or Chrome or something that makes him able to edit text on various sites. Could be a bunch of things.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I never thought I'd feel like both a nerd and old for knowing [ b ] [ img ] [ u ] etc.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

As signatures go... I think it would be a nice space-saver if people's pictures/logos & stuff like that were placed in the "blue space" with their username & avatar.

Signatures should be text - and Font Size 1, IMO.
    I always get annoyed having to do a boat-load of scrolling just because I have to roll past somebody's enormous signature three times on the same thread page.

Everybody's got their DH pet peeves, this one is mine.
    (Sorry to those of you with big SIGs. Rant over.)
    Last edited by Pengwin7; July 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM.