Thread: heatley + picks for 3rd, 4th, 6th 10th, 16th+

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default heatley + picks for 3rd, 4th, 6th 10th, 16th+

im in a 9 team keeper league, keep 4 at the end of each year and found my self in a bit of a jam. i had it set in stone that my keepers were ovech, heater, radulov and lundqvist, and i decided i would trade lidstrom. we lose the pick of where the players we keep were drafted, and i had already traded my 4th in a deal to get heater, so my earliest pick would have been a 5th, had i not dealt lidstrom or heatley.

anyways, i found it hard to find someone that would give me fair value for lidstrom, which frustrated me immensely because i didnt want to lose him for nothing. i decided this would be my best option.

its pts only btw.

anyway, heres the breakdown of it all:

heatley, 7th in 08-09, 8th in 08-08, 11th in 08-09 and a 15th in 08-09

for

3rd in 08-09, 4th in 08-09 (he already has mine so the condition is that i get the higher pick on draft day), 6th in 08-09, 10th in 08-09, the rights to swap 16th round picks in 08-09, and if our draft is increased from 16 rounds to however many is decided, i get his last pick in the draft.

the trade also doesnt take affect untill next season, so i still have heatley for now.

you guys may flame me, but i think i made the right decision. defenseman are very valuable in my pool and i would not get a player like lidstrom in the 5th round or lower.

also, most ppl in my pool are keeping their first 2nd ,3rd or 4th picks, some all 4, so the picks i got are incredibly valuable to me, and should help me land another top goalie, d, and then solid forwards as well.

long post i know, if you read it all your a hero, lol...

Thoughts?

cheers...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'m not going to flame you. Can you give me an idea of someone you would expect to get with your higher pick?

Why are Ds more valuable, because their points are worth more?

Obvious, first impression is I wouldn\'t trade Heatley, but I am sure there is a lot more to it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

as far as players i want to draft, i really want to make sure i draft excellent goalies. top goalies go in the top 4 or 5 rounds and if i didn trade one of these guys i definately wouldnt have gotten a second really good keeper.

i know a 3rd and 4th dont seem like great picks but ppl in my pool cant trade a 1st or second round pick if you want to keep a player drafted in that round. since everyones keeping those top picks, the ones that i got are really quite valuable, especially since i still have 3 elite talents, and a top young talent as well...

maybe im crazy...

Dobber Sports Pro

i\'m confused by your format cuz i don\'t do keeper leagues. but from what i can see from your roster. since D are so important, y don\'t you keep ovechkin heatley lundqvist and lidstrom? and let go of radulov. radulov is an up and coming star however heatley already is one and will continue to be one for many years to come. heatley will outproduce radulov IMO for atleast another 3-4 years which by that time you could trade heaters away for picks but for now i wouldn\'t trade him for picks even if picks are valuable.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Sophomore

i guess it all comes back to who you can grab with those picks. do you have specific names of who you might get? you keep saying top G, but who is that? Like a Ryan Miller? Price?

i mean, it is a 9 team keeper league, i would think you can easily snag two good goalies in the draft. In such a shallow league, i would want as amazing talent as i could get.

i think trading heatley was a bad idea, because he is so elite, and with only 9 teams, i think i could easily get 4 good defenseman later in the draft, guys like Whitney, Burns, Enstrom, etc

Also, by keeping Lidstrom, your going to run into this problem every year now, because he is older, and you will draft more young studs in the next 2 years, and every year, your going to be like \"do i keep potential or guaranteed production with age?\"

then again, having the best fantasy D for the next 2 years never really hurt anybody :side:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i couldnt keep both lidstrom and heatley because i didnt have my fourth round pick

Dobber Sports Pro

thats y i don\'t do keeper leagues lol, its too complicated, stressing 1 year at a time is enough for me lol, stressing over prolonged periods of time, even over the summer is too much lol.

well if i had to choose between heatley and lidstrom, i would choose heatley.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane