Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: KC QB Situation

Default KC QB Situation

As a stash-and-hope waiver move in a dynasty league, thoughts on Stanzi?

I see Cassel as average, Quinn as nothing special, and Stanzi played in a pro-style offense. Raw I know, but I have an extra roster spot and like to take long shots - if they're based in reality.

Stanzi have a shot, this year or next? Thanks
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    As a stash-and-hope waiver move in a dynasty league, thoughts on Stanzi?

I see Cassel as average, Quinn as nothing special, and Stanzi played in a pro-style offense. Raw I know, but I have an extra roster spot and like to take long shots - if they're based in reality.

Stanzi have a shot, this year or next? Thanks
    No question Quinn isn't part of the equation. The knock on Stanzi is he doesn't seem to practice well and he has (at times) made questionable decisions on his reads. The good news is nobody questions his size, arm strength or accuracy - which is pretty damn good news. Cassel is not league average - he's below average, ranking AT BEST around the #20 QB in this year's draft. He has Dwayne Bowe receiving the ball or he might be #27-28. I think the chiefs know they made a huge mistake in paying so much for Cassel and he's got half a season this year to prove something. If he doesn't show improvement, I think KC has to spend the second half of it's season trying out Stanzi to see if he is what people propose he could be - a pretty good QB who shows up on the field far better than he does in practices.

His deficiencies can be ironed out with time in an offense (which he has) and working with a coaching staff to make better choices (which you need to assume he has in the last year).

I'd like to see what he could do in that offense and there's really nothing in his way. I don't know what else is available in your league, but if it's a deep league I'd keep that spot for Stanzi. If it's a 12 team league with light rosters you can probably find slightly better fish to gamble on?

Thanks, Dyv, appreciate your insight. We're 12 team/24 player dynasty league that's been around since the 90's (yes we used to fax line ups, and verify scores via news papers...lol).

We all know each other pretty well, and most are savvy enough to own their respective starter's backup. Point being not many QBs hanging low on the tree, if ya dig.

I liked what I was reading on Stanzi and his situation in KC. Thought it might be worth a shot. Last year it was Josh Portis in Seattle, but I don't see him going anyway, quite frankly. So I figured Stanzi might take his place this year.

You have any QBs on your "sneaky-pick" list?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hmmm

I keep hearing persistent rumors that Russell Wilson is wowing them in Seahawks camp. With Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn there, it's hard to imagine how he'd get the job, but Pete Carroll does tend to throw out conventional wisdom. I'm curious to see him in preseason. The raves could all be PR, but I've heard it so many times this past 30 days that it's got me curious. He may be sneaky and you'll know where he stands by the time the summer is out.

There are several current starters I think are undervalued and I might try to acquire - Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers

Throw your team out here and let's see what you have if you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyv View Post
    I keep hearing persistent rumors that Russell Wilson is wowing them in Seahawks camp. With Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn there, it's hard to imagine how he'd get the job, but Pete Carroll does tend to throw out conventional wisdom. I'm curious to see him in preseason. The raves could all be PR, but I've heard it so many times this past 30 days that it's got me curious. He may be sneaky and you'll know where he stands by the time the summer is out.

There are several current starters I think are undervalued and I might try to acquire - Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Philip Rivers

Throw your team out here and let's see what you have if you like?
    It's a QB driven league so acquiring any of those three would not be a cheap endeavor. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 team defense, 1 team offensive line

TE is the only PPR position

team-d scores: sacks, ints, total yds allowed, safety, tds

OL scores: yds rushing, yds passing, sacks -1

My team (keepers as of today, in bold):

QB: Stafford, Hill, Hasselback, Portis, Stanzi

RB: McCoy, Rice, R. Williams, C. Ogbonnaya, J. Harper, T. Jones( Oak), C. Ivory, J. McKnight, T. Ganaway, E. Royster

WR: E. Decker, N. Burleson, D. Gettis, J. Baldwin, D. Baldwin, B. Lafell, K. Britt, G. Tate, C. Gates

TE: J Cook, T. Moeaki, O. Charles (cinci - took a flyer on him)

K: D. Bailey

Def: Detroit, Seattle, St. Louis

OL: Philly, TB

We already drafted. Cuts are due week prior to opening day.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It's Cassel's job to lose forsure..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ok then

It's a QB driven league so acquiring any of those three would not be a cheap endeavor. We start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1 team defense, 1 team offensive line

TE is the only PPR position

team-d scores: sacks, ints, total yds allowed, safety, tds

OL scores: yds rushing, yds passing, sacks -1

My team (keepers as of today, in bold):

QB: Stafford, Hill, Hasselback, Portis, Stanzi

RB: McCoy, Rice, R. Williams, C. Ogbonnaya, J. Harper, T. Jones( Oak), C. Ivory, J. McKnight, T. Ganaway, E. Royster

WR: E. Decker, N. Burleson, D. Gettis, J. Baldwin, D. Baldwin, B. Lafell, K. Britt, G. Tate, C. Gates

TE: J Cook, T. Moeaki, O. Charles (cinci - took a flyer on him)

K: D. Bailey

Def: Detroit, Seattle, St. Louis

OL: Philly, TB

We already drafted. Cuts are due week prior to opening day.
    So what I'd do with this team is trade Stafford for Philip Rivers + Something

Stafford is ridiculously injury prone and 1 healthy season doesn't prove to me he's not. He's a top 3 QB this year (top 4?) but I think Rivers is top 5-6 so it's a very small fall back + health + undervalued + you should get something else helpful in the trade. Maybe the Rivers owner has Tannehill, for example and you could get both for Stafford (double win for you IMO).

Also, don't include Shaun Hill as a throw-in in any trade. Make sure he's paid full price for because I think it's 50/50 at WORST that Hill has some very good games you could use. I can definitively see improvement for you at WR2 and TE, though I'd be willing to bet Baldwin ends up being your #2 starter, not Burleson.

TE - Cook is very solid, but not superstar - keep an eye open for another young TE or two to gamble with. How expensive would Tamme be, for example? Peyton throwing to him may be huge...

Your RB situation is outrageous - nice job there!

I had a gm offer me romo++. Thoughts on romo?? Pretty solid top 8 in my eyes.
    @SmittysRant

So what I'd do with this team is trade Stafford for Philip Rivers + Something

Stafford is ridiculously injury prone and 1 healthy season doesn't prove to me he's not. He's a top 3 QB this year (top 4?) but I think Rivers is top 5-6 so it's a very small fall back + health + undervalued + you should get something else helpful in the trade. Maybe the Rivers owner has Tannehill, for example and you could get both for Stafford (double win for you IMO).

Also, don't include Shaun Hill as a throw-in in any trade. Make sure he's paid full price for because I think it's 50/50 at WORST that Hill has some very good games you could use. I can definitively see improvement for you at WR2 and TE, though I'd be willing to bet Baldwin ends up being your #2 starter, not Burleson.

TE - Cook is very solid, but not superstar - keep an eye open for another young TE or two to gamble with. How expensive would Tamme be, for example? Peyton throwing to him may be huge...

Your RB situation is outrageous - nice job there!
    So I made some moves over the weekend, and...imo...increased my overall depth across positions as well as within. RB, TE, D (I lost Detroit D), K, and OL have stayed the same.

At QB, I lost Stafford and Decker and acquired Romo, Schaub and Fitz.

Not liking Schaub's health nor his run happy OL I flipped Schaub for Alex Smith and Kaepernick. I really liked this as it also provided me a qb for the future.

So now i have Romo, Smith, Kaepernick (and Stanzi)

Upgraded my WR to where I now have Fitz/Britt as my starters with both Baldwins and LaFell as depth guys.

I'm pretty happy with that, overall.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

So post your whole team then? Those sound like smooth moves to me - any TE targets available or will you be on sleeper watch?

So post your whole team then? Those sound like smooth moves to me - any TE targets available or will you be on sleeper watch?

lol...[whew!] I was so very hoping you would say that...

QB: Romo, Alex Smith, Kaepernick, Stanzi (might IR him) Portis (will be dropped)

RB: McCoy, Ray-Ray, Taiwan Jones, Ganaway, Royster, McKnight

WR: Fitz, Britt, the Baldwin Bros. (John and Dougie-Fresh), LaFell (my sleeper this year), G.Tate (could drop...if need be), and Burleson (same as G.Tate)

TE: Cook and Moeaki - I am standing firm w/these two and will be on WW alert. I had a good vibe on Jimmy Graham last year so I'm let it ride on Cook.

K Bailey - need to find a bye week guy but I am not worried

D: Seattle (starter) StL Rams (bye week fill in)

OL Philly (starter) and TB
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Now see what you can do to move up from Romo to slightly better sleeper types. I'm loving Philip Rivers this year. Could you package Burleson + Romo for Rivers? Your RB are all-galaxy, your WR are 2 stud deep and great up-and-comers. Your TE are sleepy fine and Cook is solid regardless with upside. I think you added nice depth to your QB situation, though probably not starter-quality if you had to go with Smith/Kaep for full time duty right now.

I think your task(s) are to try to ugprade Romo with a spare WR and make sure you get Romo's backup (Orton would be solid if injury struck, so buy right now while Romo is healthy). Or, obviously if you trade Romo for something else get that backup if possible.

Don't overpay for Orton, obviously, but a back end WR or spare RB or even Moeaki types I'd pay

Now see what you can do to move up from Romo to slightly better sleeper types. I'm loving Philip Rivers this year. Could you package Burleson + Romo for Rivers? Your RB are all-galaxy, your WR are 2 stud deep and great up-and-comers. Your TE are sleepy fine and Cook is solid regardless with upside. I think you added nice depth to your QB situation, though probably not starter-quality if you had to go with Smith/Kaep for full time duty right now.

I think your task(s) are to try to ugprade Romo with a spare WR and make sure you get Romo's backup (Orton would be solid if injury struck, so buy right now while Romo is healthy). Or, obviously if you trade Romo for something else get that backup if possible.

Don't overpay for Orton, obviously, but a back end WR or spare RB or even Moeaki types I'd pay
    Rivers may be tough...the owner loves him and also owns Megatron. I'll give it a shot. Keep ya posted...and big thanks!
    @SmittysRant

What about Vick?!? His GM is very unhappy w/him. He may even swap him one-for-one.
    I'm intrigued by Vick this year.

Thoughts?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yes

What about Vick?!? His GM is very unhappy w/him. He may even swap him one-for-one.
    I'm intrigued by Vick this year.

Thoughts?
    I'd do that (Romo for Vick)