Thread: Kiprusoff for Price?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Kiprusoff for Price?

Ok, so I think I\'m being stupid. I sent an explorator e-mail to the gm who owns price basically offering Kipper for Price. I\'m building for next so this trade probably doesnt make a lot of sense but Price has looked so good as of late and if he\'s the starter in Montreal next year and they put up a better year than the flames doesnt that make him as good if not a better option than Kipper? I think I\'d have to ask for something more than just Price but it was just an exploratory email, the other guy\'s re-building and I\'m not sure this makes sense for him. He also has Ward, Harding and Bernier, but he can only keep 10 players so some of his oung goalies will be dropped.

Super Moderator

I really don\'t think that\'s too bad of a trade. If you can get him to throw someone else in great but even straight up it\'s not bad. Kipper is not having a great year and him and Keenan don\'t mesh. Price is now the guy on a great young team and they should be getting better and better every year. I like this trade 4 u.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I made offers:

1. Kipper and Afinogenov for Price and Nash

2. Kipper and Dubinsky for Price and J. Staal

Am I offering enough or conversely am I receiving enough?

Dobber Sports Ace

I think those are both very good trades for you, as rebuilding. I\'m not sure what his thoughts would be on the second one, but thats okay because I like the first one for you better anyways. If you can pull either of these off great, if not, I would totally agree that a straight up trade would not be a bad move, especially since you are rebuilding. Kipper is most definitely on the decline, and Price is going up. Now, people have this incredible vision for Price, but I just don\'t see it the same way. i really don\'t think he is/will be as good as alot of people have the imrpession of him. But for your purposes, when your rebuilding team gets better, Price will be much better than Kipper. Always think about rebuilding trades that way. When will my team be competitive and which player will be better at that time.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Padawan

I\'m not re-building, I\'m building for next year and the year after. I have a top notch team that under-achieved this year and am consolidating talent and it occurred to me that Price might be as an option if not better than Kipper next year.

Dobber Sports Expert

In my league, you would need to offer Kipper and a hot sht player to get Price. Kipper seems to have lost an edge this year, whereas Price will be a superstar for many years to come.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

price is a hot commodity now so you have to ask yourself , do i pay high now and get him or gamble that he will fizzle and try to get him durring the off season when players values tend to drop. i\'d grab him and gamble that montreal has a brighter future than calgary , the 1st offer looked good .
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Guru

i\'m sorry, i think that there is no way the first offer goes through (okay, anything is possible).

i just pitched luongo for price/frolov in my league, and it got rejected! price owners have been sitting on the guy all year hoping something miraculous would happen, and it has. if they consider kipper to be that much better than price right now, they must not know what they\'re doing, but if they drafted price, then they must know what they\'re doing. i\'m afraid that the window for getting price may have closed. we all should have pitched for him when he was in hamilton. =(

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    i just pitched luongo for price/frolov in my league, and it got rejected!
    I don\'t know if I wouldn\'t have taken that deal (I have them both) ... I agree that all price owners have sat on him all year and that breeds some fierce \"false\" loyalty but I\'m thinking that I might just make that offer to the Luongo owner in our league and be happy if he took it...I think he can still be had as there is LOTS of hype so far ... which is just that...hype...Luongo went 2nd overall in our draft and that is a hell of a trade to be able to make from a 13th round draft choice of mine. I mean you should be able to get any of the top 10 players (excluding crosby) straight up for price then...I don\'t see that happening...unless I\'m selling too low.

cheers,
    G(3), A(2), +/-(1), PPP(1), SHP(2), GWG(1), W(7), L(0), SHO(4)
    8 Team League - 8 keeper (C,W,F,F,D,D,G,Rookie)
    C: Marleau, Lecavalier, Roy
    W: Perry, Kane, Kovalchuk, Brown, Hossa, Cole, Hudler, Fleishchmann, Pacioretty
    R: Henrique,
    D: Mike Green, Letang, Subban, White, Del Zotto, E. Johnson
    G: Price, Bryzgalov, Raask, Clemmenson
    IR: Letang,

Dobber Sports Expert

Price is supposed to be the next Roy/Brodeur/Hasek type player. I dont know whether or not he will be, but he will be great. I think in a few years we will be talking about Luongo/Price in much the same way we once talked about Roy Brodeur. If I had Price, I would hold onto him!
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi