Thread: Jared Cook

Default Jared Cook

Dyv...or anyone for tht matter...with Jared Cookon my roster, I moved Jimmy Graham (a/k/a The Jimmy) to get Shady Mccoy and Celek (there were other players involved).

My thinking was Celek would be my safe starter and Cook would be my breakout beast (best case scenario) or viable bye week starter (worst case scenario).

My question:Will he become the consistent high-end starter I know he is capable of being, or were those final three games in 2011 mere hiccups in the space/time continuum?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Dyv...or anyone for tht matter...with Jared Cookon my roster, I moved Jimmy Graham (a/k/a The Jimmy) to get Shady Mccoy and Celek (there were other players involved).

My thinking was Celek would be my safe starter and Cook would be my breakout beast (best case scenario) or viable bye week starter (worst case scenario).

My question:Will he become the consistent high-end starter I know he is capable of being, or were those final three games in 2011 mere hiccups in the space/time continuum?
    Depending on the size of the league, Celek and Cook are both in that TE#8-20 range where you can play matchups week-to-week and probably do just fine.

Cook has plenty of upside, too - he just needs to work on consistency - though part of that may be his QB rotation (Hasselbeck and Locker) leaves a lot to be desired.

Overall, you've likely helped yourself by acquiring McCoy - he's one of the 3 cut-above difference makers at RB this year the way I see it. There will be others, but he's clearly in the top group.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

McCoy is totally elite so in that regard you did well, I had cook last year and was disappointed, he is no sure thing, however I had graham and didn't really care much. Graham and McCoy are tops at there positions and if you had to trade him then McCoy was a good score. The only thing that would concern me is that rbs don't last long .

Actually I screwed that up....McCoy was already on my roster.

The trade in it's entirety was McFadden/Graham for Rice/Britt/Celek. I grew weary of McFad's injuries. Just not reliable down the stretch. Plus the thought of owning both Ray-Ray and McCoy left me quite erect.

So to speak....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Rice and McCoy in the backfiels is solid. I like Celek, he's a good mid-tier option, especially if the Eagles and Vick do as promised, pass more and run less.

Cook on the other hand could be a breakout performer if Locker starts. Young QBs love their security blankets and Cook could play that role.