Thread: Turris Worries

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Turris Worries

Should he not be tearing up a new Hole in collage hockey... I know he is getting lots of shots.. but he just is not scoring enough goals imo... I own him and i\'m counting on him... Just starting to get worried that he is not producing enough in the collage hockey ranks... :S

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Turris Worries

Don\'t worry. He is money in da bank.

College hockey is not quite the same as Junior. A PPG pace in the NCAA is pretty good for the most part. Turris is playing as an 18 year old against 23 or 24 year olds. Compare that to junior where the oldest guys is 20. It is a huge difference. If you watch Junior hockey the overagers usually dominate. You will see their PPG pace increase as they play against 16-19 year olds. Now move to College hockey where the age difference is 5-6 years. There is alot of growing (physically & mentally) to be done in those 5-6 years. If he can hold his own there there is nothing to worry about. Toss in the fact that the jump to Jr.A hockey (not Major Junior) to NCAA is not an easy one & Freshman tend to struggle (I know) I think that if as a freshman he handling his own then you are okay.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Turris Worries

You know.. I\'m just not a fan of my players going to collage.. I had johnson, lee, okaposo last season... they just don\'t play enough games in collage... I do like the fact they play against older players.. not way enough games for my liking.. thats all

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Turris Worries

Turris was tearing the NCAA a new one, but he went cold after the WJC. He\'s just not strong enough to survive the grind of the schedule. The guy is winded right now.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Turris Worries

So do you think this could be a worry for us turris owners... I understand how much he has played this year.. but the nhl is the ultimate schedule for a hockey player...

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Turris Worries

it is a worry if you expect him to bust out huge and post 80 points in his first year. more than likely he does what pat kane is doing this year... starts out super hot and cools down as the grind gets to him

that said, i think he needs a good deal more strength before he dominates the nhl

Dobber Sports Master

Default Turris Worries

ultrawhiteness I like the kane comparison.
    I see turris, giroux and hensick fitting the same mold next year.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino