Thread: Need help w/trade ASAP...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Need help w/trade ASAP...

I have an offer:
    R.Weeks / D. Pomeranz ( basically keeper for next year) for
    J.Santana + P. Polanco ( both on my bench )

I know that Weeks not producing much now, but I have a whole in 2 nd base (M.Ellis on DL- out another 2 month), my another 2nd - O.Hudson (?).
    If i trade Santana and Polanco, they not gonna hurt me.
    Plus, R.Weeks could be having keeper value if he hits up...

What u think guys? I need opinions and ur suggestions ASAP, please...
    Thanx, in advance

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ya I would do that. I think Weeks is a pretty good buy low option right now and since you have that gaping hole at 2nd then this is a good trade for you. Giving away 2 bench players makes it better too!
    13 team Roto keeper league 12 F, 6D, 2G, G,A,+/-, PIMS, Hits, TOI(D), GAA, SV%, (Forwards are forwards, no distinction between L,R,C)

F) Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kunitz, Parise, Byfuglien, Backstrom, Little, Gaudreau, Hudler, Brassard, Girgensons, Nelson
    D) S. Weber, Phaneuf, Subban, Carlson, Josi, Vatanen
    G) Rask, Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanx, southpaw, but the guy decided 2 keep R.Weeks...
    But, he's giving me N.Walker instead...
    Should I take it or look somewhere else?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Assuming standard categories, I still think Walker is a little underwhelming. Can he add another player to sweeten the deal?

While Santana may be on your bench, he should be able to return a lot more value than a potential keeper - Pomeranz has minimal value this season and I'm sure that he and walker could be acquired relatively cheaply next year. Heck, given the season he's having, I'd rather have Santana next year over Pomeranz.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by icerangers09 View Post
    I have an offer:
    R.Weeks / D. Pomeranz ( basically keeper for next year) for
    J.Santana + P. Polanco ( both on my bench )

I know that Weeks not producing much now, but I have a whole in 2 nd base (M.Ellis on DL- out another 2 month), my another 2nd - O.Hudson (?).
    If i trade Santana and Polanco, they not gonna hurt me.
    Plus, R.Weeks could be having keeper value if he hits up...

What u think guys? I need opinions and ur suggestions ASAP, please...
    Thanx, in advance
    I like this trade for you as well.

Good luck.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanx, guys...
    But, now, he wants in a deal w/R. Weeks 2 add on U.Jimenez, and Hellickson from my side...
    I'm not sure if I want 2 do that b/c Jimenez is doing horrible comparable 2 Hellickson...
    What u think guys, should I give him that deal?
    R.Weeks / Jimenez/D.Pomeranz/J.Wearth
    For
    J.Santana/ Hellickson/ Polanco
    Please, give me ur opinions ASAP... Thanx

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by icerangers09 View Post
    Thanx, guys...
    But, now, he wants in a deal w/R. Weeks 2 add on U.Jimenez, and Hellickson from my side...
    I'm not sure if I want 2 do that b/c Jimenez is doing horrible comparable 2 Hellickson...
    What u think guys, should I give him that deal?
    R.Weeks / Jimenez/D.Pomeranz/J.Wearth
    For
    J.Santana/ Hellickson/ Polanco
    Please, give me ur opinions ASAP... Thanx
    How deep is your league and are there any additional categories we have to consider?

I would pass on this deal - and as I mentioned before, I would rather have Johan next year than Pomeranz even though I might be in the minority.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

"Qstar", before he just wanted Santana...
    Now, he gives me Jimenez 4 Hellickson, and @ this point I think Hellickson is better pitcher...
    I wouldn't even consider the trade if M. Ellis would be healthy...
    What u think?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If that's what he thinks is a fair deal, I think you need to find a more reasonable trading partner. Hellickson for Jimenez is more of his garbage (a DL'd Werth?) for your assets.

surely there is another team that could use pitching help. Make it known that you're willing to trade pitching for a 2b...or other position that could help you out.

You've got quite a nice asset to trade, do not accept a lemon just to get a deal done.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

"Qstar- what u think, if I keep Santana 4 myself, and give him Hellickson 4 R.Weeks, is that 2 much from my side?
    Please, let me know ... I have 2 tell h in am
    Thanx

Dobber Sports Apprentice

At this point I think hellikson for weeks is paying to much. I agree that if you post it in your league that your willing to give up those guys in order to swap a 2 bag you can get a much better deal done. If weeks was hitting over .275 it may b a different story but right now his value is much lower than helicksons. He is hitting .158 and helickson can pull you someone with better numbers than that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Buying low on Rickie Weeks not a bad idea. He's striking out a huge amount, something he normally doesn't do, which leads me to believe that something could be wrong with him. Either way, still like this deal for you, especially when that BABIP climbs back up.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sorry i got lost in how the deal progressed I do think this is a decent deal for you.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Buying low on Rickie Weeks not a bad idea. He's striking out a huge amount, something he normally doesn't do, which leads me to believe that something could be wrong with him. Either way, still like this deal for you, especially when that BABIP climbs back up.
    I agree with djkiang that now is the time to buy low on R.Weeks.

I am confused to what the actual offer is though. You last said that you would take Santana out for Hellickson.

Is it Hellickson/Polanco for Weeks/Pomeranz now??? Where does Werth fit in the picture?

I would say you definitely want to hold onto Santana. In general, I suggest that you don't look further than 1 or 2 yrs max in keeper leagues so I don't think Pomeranz is worth much in trade value.