Thread: Voracek or Sanguinetti?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Voracek or Sanguinetti?

I know it might sound like a stupid question, but offensive defensemen have more value (not greatly, just more) than forwards in my roto league.

Voracek is going to be stuck with a defensive-minded coach who may have to endure frequent benchings in his early years (see Zherdev for further details on the growing pains under Hitchcock).

Sanguinetti will be going to a Rangers team that will likely need a big shot from the point (what happens to Rozsival when Jagr goes away?). Sanguinetti has 25 goals in 54 OHL games. He had 16 goals in his first 22 games this year before slowing down. He might get a shot at the big time before Voracek.

Anyone have thoughts on my dilemma? I can keep them on my farm so long as they qualify as an NHL rookie.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Bluejackets missed the playoffs... If they do it again i\'m sure hitch could be out of town and that will open up the floodgates for voracek, and brassard imo... I know its hard to find a offensive dman.. but I think your really set on your backend for a few more years.. so take the shot with the better player.. Voracek that is.. hope this helps.. allot of it depends on luck, but i don\'t see huge things out of sanguinetti.. but voracek is more of a sure bet..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sanguinetti still has a lot of growing left to do. I could see him getting a taste in the show at the end of the year, but he\'s too much of a project right now to stick.

Voracek, on the other hand... he could be in the NHL right now and doing well. Take him and let us help you find a replacement for Sanguinetti.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks guys, Voracek it is!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket