Thread: Fantasy Prospects Report Release

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Fantasy Prospects Report Release

When is the 2012 Prospects Report out and available??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

June 1, it says that in the shop description
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Thanks Dobb's, I did find that info after I wrote my post.. I am alot less confused now and can't wait for the material to be on my fingers tips!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

About the prospect report Dobbs, which is totally awesome BTW, how would you go about ranking your goaltender upsides. I mean some of these are self-explanatory, but how do you rank say an Above-average NHL starter, Decent NHL starter and a Quality NHL starter? Or in what order would you rank an Aveverge NHL Starter vs. an NHL Starter? And where does the the Hidden Gem fit in all of this?

I can generally figure it out, but I'd like to know how you rank them, since I probably have at least a couple who would be out-of-place.

Thanks a bunch and keep up the excellence!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Not sure where I should post this so mods can definitely feel free to move it to a better location...But as I'm going through the Prospect Report a few little easy corrections for the next update....

Under Joey Hishon - It mentions Matt Duchesne... It's Duchene.

Under Scott Glennie - It calls him the highest "election"... Forgot the "S".

Also in the Dallas section - No Matt Fraser? I understand not every prospect is in the guide, but I would've thought he'd be more intriguing than a guy like Angelo Esposito.

Under Quinton Howden - Possible Typo? Mentions that he may play a few games this year after his college year is complete. But he plays in the WHL (Or possibly the AHL next year I'm not sure). And it calls him a blue chipper that you should draft as early as you can. Another typo?

Under Linden Vey - Mentions he posted 38pts in 70 games in the AHL this season. Hockeydb.com has him at 43pts in 74 games, with 6pts in 4 playoff games.

Under Jaden Schwartz - He was captain of Team Canada, not Team USA.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady19 View Post
    Not sure where I should post this so mods can definitely feel free to move it to a better location...But as I'm going through the Prospect Report a few little easy corrections for the next update....

Under Joey Hishon - It mentions Matt Duchesne... It's Duchene.
    awesome stuff, thanks for this.

Under Scott Glennie - It calls him the highest "election"... Forgot the "S".
    thank you

Also in the Dallas section - No Matt Fraser? I understand not every prospect is in the guide, but I would've thought he'd be more intriguing than a guy like Angelo Esposito.
    Although most fantasy owners have dropped Espo by now, many are still curious for an update. This is for them. Just to assure them that yes, he's still not in the picture.

Under Quinton Howden - Possible Typo? Mentions that he may play a few games this year after his college year is complete. But he plays in the WHL (Or possibly the AHL next year I'm not sure). And it calls him a blue chipper that you should draft as early as you can. Another typo?
    The wrong statement was pasted for the college part. But the blue chipper was caught and fixed in the last update. Next update I'll fix the college part.

Under Linden Vey - Mentions he posted 38pts in 70 games in the AHL this season. Hockeydb.com has him at 43pts in 74 games, with 6pts in 4 playoff games.
    thanks
    Under Jaden Schwartz - He was captain of Team Canada, not Team USA.
    [/quote]
    This was caught and fixed in the last update

Thank you for catching all of these, keep it up! I demand perfection! LOL
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default FPR Update Error

I downloaded the first version of the prospect report and there were no problems at all (it is awesome by the way).

Now when I went to download the update, the prospect and goalie rankings at the beginning all have questions marks filling the tables. It almost looks like there is some sort of unrecognizable font error going on.

Anyone else having this problem? I actually think it is a compatibility issue with Preview (a Mac alternative to Adobe Reader), I just don't understand why it worked for Preview on the first version of the FPR and not on the second. I am able to open in with Adobe Reader.
    Yahoo H2H League: 12 Team, Full Keeper, 26 players plus farm team (3 round prospect draft, players<100gp)
    G,A,P,+/,PIM,PPG,PPA,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,W,Sv,Sv%,GA,GA%,SH O

Centers: Crosby, Duchene, Ribeiro, Weiss, Backlund, Shore
    RW: Eberle, Voracek, Horton, Grabner, Atkinson
    LW: Parise, Ovechkin, Moulson, Ennis, Tlusty, Boedker,
    D: Shattenkirk, Carlson, Del Zotto, Barrie, Faulk
    G: Pavelec, Varlamov, Lindback, Enroth

Farm: Lehner, Stalock, Salak, Yakupov, Rattie, Gudbranson, Josefson, Josi, Bjugstad