Thread: Brett Connolly ??

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Brett Connolly ??

Just wondering if anybody had a opinion on this young Lightning forward?? I have a weird feeling that Connolly is going to be a good surprise to fantasy owners. I feel that if I don't acquire this guy soon, I feel my chances of getting him when he is producing will be much more expensive.

How do you guys feel?? What are your thoughts on this kid?

Unknown fact: Connolly is the sixth highest paid forward on the Lightning, HAHA..
    (behind Lecavalier, Stamkos, St. Louis, Malone, and Purcell)
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Monster

He is definetly worth owning. He's a prospect to target. What are you looking to trade for him is the question?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Just wondering if anybody had a opinion on this young Lightning forward?? I have a weird feeling that Connolly is going to be a good surprise to fantasy owners. I feel that if I don't acquire this guy soon, I feel my chances of getting him when he is producing will be much more expensive.

How do you guys feel?? What are your thoughts on this kid?

Unknown fact: Connolly is the sixth highest paid forward on the Lightning, HAHA..
    (behind Lecavalier, Stamkos, St. Louis, Malone, and Purcell)
    After looking at his junior stats, I think that he will be a bust. I know that I may be in the minority on this, but he hasn't shown much to me. It's late, so I will try to write up something more detailed in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zedpher View Post
    After looking at his junior stats, I think that he will be a bust. I know that I may be in the minority on this, but he hasn't shown much to me. It's late, so I will try to write up something more detailed in the morning.
    It's early now, I'm waiting, HAHAHA..

I also had a look at his junior stats and thought, "Hmmmmmm nothing too spectacular"..
    But you can't ignore his 46 goals in 59 games as a 18-19 year old in the WHL.. And aswell his World Junior tournament this past December was pretty good if I remember correctly.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ya I don't understand how looking at his junior stats can make anyone think "bust". WHL and CHL Rookie of the Year, first 16 year old to score 30 goals in the WHL since Patrick Marleau in 1995, 46 goals in 59 games as an 18 year old....that's a pretty impressive junior resume if you ask me.

He's gonna be a good player....Yzerman took him 6th even after his injury trouble so he's obviously a big believer. I know a lot of people were saying if it weren't for Connolly's injury he would have been mentioned with Hall and Seguin as a potential 1st overall, and he's definitely shown flashes of it.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Been to quite a few Oil Kings games the last 3 seasons and I thought Connolly was the most dominant player I've seen in person. He used his size very effectively in juniors though so he probably needs to keep improving his size/strength and learn how to do so at the NHL level.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Now these last two responses are great for the Connolly believers..

I am hoping I acquire him soon and that he has a good season in Tampa!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think his real value lies in his potential to play with Stamkos. If he doesn't consistently end up on a line w/ Stammer, I see him having fairly modest value.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think he went a bit higher in the draft than he should have (Skinner/Burmi/Granlund went right after him, I'd rather own any of those 3). I also thought he was good but not the best Cdn player at the juniors and his potential isn't as high as his high 6th pick but he's a safe bet to stay and develop in the top 6 so he's worth owning, not worth overpaying for.

Administrator

Lots of scoring potential in Tampa. Even on Lecavalier's line he can be very productive.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

I see a 35-40G a year guy here with a good share of SOG

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    I see a 35-40G a year guy here with a good share of SOG
    Finally, someone that agree's with me.. He will surprise and then everyone will be like, hmmmmmmm I guess I should have listened to sparrow and Zorro.. Those guys rule!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tough to get a read on this kid. During his draft year it was widely said his upside is comparable to Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin, but that he has been derailed by injuries a bit. I rarely watch Tampa games and haven't got a clue how much progress (if any) he has made during past couple of seasons, but he certainly hasn't done much to impress stats wise...

Would love to hear some opinions from people who watch Tampa regularly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Connolly just turned 20 (2 months ago), he's barely getting a grasp on his NHL game. It's very few players that transition at any level before this age, let alone at the elite level Connolly may have.

To put it in perspective Eberle is 22, Taveres is 21 and hey if you want a great example, look how long it took the Sedins to produce!

The Sedins were the ugly stepchild until they were 26, having fantasy GMS and fans alike calling them a joke.

You can see where my bias lies I think that tampa is doing the right thing with the kid in bringing him along slowely and he will be a top 20 player in the nhl.