Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Grigorenko KHL offer

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yak about side tracking a thread

If Grigorenko is serious about the NHL he and his agent should squash this offer even before it becomes public

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree with Dyz. CLS doesn't need Murray. Their defensive core is among the better ones in the NHL. They should pick Galchenyuk second. He's probably more NHL ready anyway and he's not much of a flight risk considering he's lived in NA most of his life.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't think Grigorenko is NHL ready yet so he may chose to go to Russia until he is ready over junior. If he does I think it will hurt his shot at the NHL in the long run.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Banned

Is it just me or is everyone making far too big a deal about this? He's a Russian star prospect, the KHL has every right to make him an offer and it would be crazy if they didn't, but that's hardly HIS fault that they want to sign him to a contract is it? And certainly he has every right to consider whatever offer he chooses does he not?

I think the KHL fear has really shellshocked everyone where this kind of thing is always considerd a bad thing and people think he's gonna pull a Radulov or something. All I've heard of him is that he really wants to play in the NHL so I think as long as he is open and honest with the whole thing it will be fine for him. I think the NHL and the KHL should work closer together on these kind of players...maybe work out deals that allow the player to play in the KHL for a year or two before coming over to the NHL if that makes sense for everyone involved, it shouldn't be such an us vs. them scenario

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Maybe making too big of a deal with it but KHL is always a factor with Russians and when you're looking at drafting a kid, and one has a standing offer from the KHL, while the other has no ties... especially when the organization has been burned in the past.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Slava Malamud ‏ @SlavaMalamud
    Sources in Russia say that CSKA is very likely to make a big play for Grigorenko. If true, this should plunge his draft stock.

Guy could slip quite a bit with this news.
    I have some insider information on this. I actually saw the Russian guy about to make the offer to Grigorenko. I snapped a photo of him and posted it here. He looked vaguely familiar and appeared very focused on what this might do to Grigorenko's draft stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nice one... but, I wouldn't be surprised if he falls 5th!!!

Yakupov, Galenchyuk, Forsberg, Murrray... Grigorenko. That would make sense to me...

Oliers should take best available player even though there are many Murray rumors. Columbus not taking a russian... Galenchyuk would be the best available after. Habs should go with a forward... which leave Murray 4th.

We'll let Brianslav Burkovski take Grigo 5th!!!
    Sim Dynasty League - 30 teams // 60 player (pro&farm) + Unsigned Prospect

Pro Club (23 with 71,4m cap)
    C - N. Backstrom, Nielsen, Cizikas, Glendening
    LW - Panarin, Domi, Tanev, Goldobin
    RW - Ovechkin, O. Kase, Roussel, Lowry
    D - Josi, Carlson, Shattenkirk, Schmidt, Engelland, Stecher
    G - Holtby, Coreau

Farm Notables:
    F - Wallmark, Bluegar, Verhaeghe, Sgarbossa, Miletic, Vecchione, Agostino, Khaira, Kirklan, Haapala, Baun, Lodge,
    D - McCoshen, Snuggerud, Pionk, Rosen, Sautner, Loov
    G - Ullmark, Hill, Georgiev, Appleby

Notable Prospects: Lipanov, Letunov, Abramov, Marody, Chekhovich, Lilljgren, Walman, Farrance, Cederholm, Berkovitz, Montembeault

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My bad... Galchenyuk!
    Sim Dynasty League - 30 teams // 60 player (pro&farm) + Unsigned Prospect

Pro Club (23 with 71,4m cap)
    C - N. Backstrom, Nielsen, Cizikas, Glendening
    LW - Panarin, Domi, Tanev, Goldobin
    RW - Ovechkin, O. Kase, Roussel, Lowry
    D - Josi, Carlson, Shattenkirk, Schmidt, Engelland, Stecher
    G - Holtby, Coreau

Farm Notables:
    F - Wallmark, Bluegar, Verhaeghe, Sgarbossa, Miletic, Vecchione, Agostino, Khaira, Kirklan, Haapala, Baun, Lodge,
    D - McCoshen, Snuggerud, Pionk, Rosen, Sautner, Loov
    G - Ullmark, Hill, Georgiev, Appleby

Notable Prospects: Lipanov, Letunov, Abramov, Marody, Chekhovich, Lilljgren, Walman, Farrance, Cederholm, Berkovitz, Montembeault

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    I have some insider information on this. I actually saw the Russian guy about to make the offer to Grigorenko. I snapped a photo of him and posted it here. He looked vaguely familiar and appeared very focused on what this might do to Grigorenko's draft stock.
    GOLD!! That made my morning sir....thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't think Grigs falling to 5th would be all that surprising at all. I could even see him slipping out of the top 5.

There are no clubs going who aren't strongly considering Dumba and Murray with one of their top 5 picks...well....except probably Edmonton. That leaves Grigs, Forsberg and Galy to round out the top 5 so something's gotta give.