Thread: Connor Murphy

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Connor Murphy

Always loved this kid and truly believe, if he ever stays healthy, he will have been a steal at 20th overall for the Yotes last year.

Unfortunately I havent had a chance to see him this past season(after returning from the torn meniscus injury). His stats looked awesome though.

If youve had a chance to see him a bit(Ross I know you are a Sarnia boy and see alot of there games) Id love to get your feedback on his season.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Your statement about him being a potential steal is bang on. The 'Yotes are going to look awesome for taking him at 20th even though it took guts at the time. He was simply fantastic after returning to the sting lineup. He logged huge minutes in ALL situations producing in all three zones. IMO, Connor was probably the OHLs second best defenseman post-Christmas behind only Dougie Hamilton. It wouldn't be an understatement to say that the team could have finished out of the playoffs if it weren't for Connor. He was a force defensively blocking shots at will and offensively, he showed that he could become a solid 2nd pairing defenseman. He plays a similar game to a Tyler Myers

I'm hoping he's returned to Sarnia for one more season to strengthen that knee but wouldn't be surprised to see him move on - his play warranted it.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thx bud. great to hear