Thread: Mr. Dobbler will Giroux play next year?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Mr. Dobbler will Giroux play next year?

I have been keeping him for a keeper, I wonder what you think?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am not Dobber but I can tell you he is a great keeper choice.

Clearly he will play some nhl time next year but it is impossible to know how much. Either way, I think if you take him, you need to be prepared to get your returns beginning the following year.

Of course, you have a chance of him getting hot at the perfect time but with all the depth in Philly -I can\'t see him being rushed
    12 team roto

Datsyuk/Getzlaf/Stillman/Backstrom/Demitra
    Gagne/Perry/Vanek/Gionta/Radulov//Morrow/D Brown
    Visnovsky/T-kaberle, enstrom, byfuglien, edler, meszaros, robidas
    giguere, lehtonen, labarbera

Farm-Turris, J Bernier

Dobber Sports Rookie

Not Dobber here either but I agree with the last post. I would tend to believe that it depend if the Flyers can re-sign RFA\'s Carter and Umby. I have a feeling they will do so. Don\'t wanna rush the kid but he absolutly will be a star in Philly one day. I also can\'t wait to see JVR play in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Master

It also depends on Gagne.
    What I see happening is Giroux getting 3rd line minutes and moving his way up to the top 6 by November.

If Gagne still has concussion issures Giroux will get a chance to play with Briere as Richards and Lupul look good playing together.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

I...am your father.

I think he\'ll play next year. Prospal is a rental so there will be some ice time available. I don\'t think the Flyers can keep both Umberger and Carter, so there may be a spot open there as well.
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Star

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Sorry about the L. Typing is not my strong point.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I hear Dobber but wouldn\'t they have made a trade this past tuesday involving Carter or Umby if they weren\'t interested in resigning them? the flyers have been down that road before, Justin Williams comes to mind. they trade away their young talent for a retal player. Homer likes this team and obviously would like those two players to be a part of it in the future.

Dobber Sports Pro

Giroux will be in Philly next year, technically he was here this year .

On the non-joking side, he was real real real close to making this year\'s team. Kappy will retire. I am hoping Hatcher does the same. Maybe the flyers try and ship Gagne again, he was almost a Dallas Star a few years back. I am ceratin they will shed some money, watch the draft closely of course. Knuble strikes me as a name that would be available as well. They may also be bringing Gauthier back through re-entry waivers in hopes someone picks him up and they have to pay him less next year (half salary, even if on another team).
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Rusty Pickles wrote:
    [quote]Giroux will be in Philly next year, technically he was here this year . [quote]

Good point Rusty.

I saw Giroux play in Ottawa, and he looked good.

Didn\'t score, but had two very good opportunities that could have gone in for him. As a Giroux owner, would have loved to see a goal or two in his NHL debut. As an Ottawa fan, glad he didn\'t. (Ottawa won the game in a shoot-out)

Look for good things from this kid in the future.

Philly is a young team, solid up the center (Briere, M.Richards, Carter) loads of wingers and Biron has been solid between the pipes.

Ottawa has had their way with Philly in the playoffs, in the past, but I fear they will be a much tougher team in a few years.
    15 team keeper league, points only
    3 C, 6 W, 4 D
    core of 16, plus 3 rookies (**), 6 round annual draft

C - Thornton, M Richards, B Richards [McDonald, S. Koivu]
    W - Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Vanek, St. Louis, Whitney, Hemsky [Hartnell, Knuble, Lupul]
    D - Gonchar, Visnovsky, Whitney, Kronwall [Kuba, Cumiskey]

sure he makes a good keeper, but anyone expecting a top fantasy year out of him shouldn\'t. just too much depth in Philly to allow top pp time and top minutes/linemates for a consistant period of time. next season he will, play, the season after he will be a good part of the team playing consistant but will put up a \'rookie\' season 45 - 50 point season.

the season AFTER that is when you should expect a bigtime fantasy season from Giroux.

so ya, maybe he doesn\'t make a great keeper. unless you are willing to wait around for it.