Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Forum

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    keep scrolling
    Thanks. It didn't appear the first time I loaded the page.

I look dumb now....haha

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post

I look dumb now....haha
    From the main page you can also click on "Prospects forum" now.

If using full view, it is currently at the bottom of the forum.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post

I look dumb now....haha
    you dont look dumb its kinda counterintuitive

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Dobber, is there no way to set this via our profiles? In otherwords if I only care about forums x, y and z, shouldn't I be able to filter as such in my profile settings?

Also, the forums have been dog slow since the merge, you may wanna have your guy investigate that nothing weird is going on, that all the indexes have been built etc
    I can't find a way to set that, I looked extensively. I didn't see this issue coming, and I don't know if it can be fixed. Forum still loading slow? Seems okay to me
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

The "new posts" button under the main page doesn't work, it just directs you to the boards instead of the new posts like it used to. Is there a way to filter out anything baseball related because I won't be looking at those topics.
    The Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League. (Keep 17)
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 6BE.
    G,A,+-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT; GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV, SV%,SO
    (C) Kopitar, Kuznetsov, O'Reilly, Karlsson, Roslovic, Zacha
    (LW) Ovechkin, Forseberg, Bertuzzi(RW),
    (RW) Rantanen, Bratt(LW), Radulov
    (D) Josi, Burns, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Heiskanen, Dunn, Boqvist
    (G) Gibson, Quick, Hart, Petersen
    (IR) Domi

10 Person Farm: (<200GP for F, <100GP for G)
    (C) Zegras(LW), Bourque
    (LW) Kaliyev(RW)
    (RW) Glass(C), Raymond(LW)
    (D) Power
    (G) Ingram, Knight, Levi, Primeau

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dobber, I think you'll have to go beyond the standard set of vBulletin options. You're going to have to look into plugins and homebrews to get around this stuff. I think you should have gotten access to the developer forums when you got the license for this software, right?
    GO WINGS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I can't find a way to set that, I looked extensively. I didn't see this issue coming, and I don't know if it can be fixed. Forum still loading slow? Seems okay to me
    yup, back to normal today...I'm guessing the merge took overnight to build all its indexes

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Dobber, I think you'll have to go beyond the standard set of vBulletin options. You're going to have to look into plugins and homebrews to get around this stuff. I think you should have gotten access to the developer forums when you got the license for this software, right?
    Yes, I'll need a plug-in to specify New Posts by section - and I'd also like one to custom build the forum menu, because there are things there I'd like to change too.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

Is it really necessary to divide the prospect section to different leagues? Does it really make this more readable or just add confusion? I for one don't feel like clicking on 7 (!) different sub-forums to find prospect info that was all in one place in the past. I'll just keep reading general section which means I may lost vital info because I don't have time and interest in looking at all 7 different sub-forums when wanting to look for prospect info.

Also I see the Kreider-thread in NCAA-subforum and Silfverberg-thread in Europe-subforum. Both have already turned into NHL'ers so feels kinda pointless to talk about Kreider in the NCAA-subforum, doesn't it?
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Star

good job. Nice to have all my posts mentioned

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
    Is it really necessary to divide the prospect section to different leagues? Does it really make this more readable or just add confusion? I for one don't feel like clicking on 7 (!) different sub-forums to find prospect info that was all in one place in the past. I'll just keep reading general section which means I may lost vital info because I don't have time and interest in looking at all 7 different sub-forums when wanting to look for prospect info.

Also I see the Kreider-thread in NCAA-subforum and Silfverberg-thread in Europe-subforum. Both have already turned into NHL'ers so feels kinda pointless to talk about Kreider in the NCAA-subforum, doesn't it?
    We're still feeling this out, but I have had numerous requests to expand the Prospects forum. I'm not sure of a better way to do it. But since I now have a website based on prospects, the strategy is to take the prospects "section" that was getting two or three new posts every day, and grow it to the point where it gets 100 posts per day like the hockey section does. When it reaches that point, then breaking it up makes sense. So the decision has to be made - break it up now and 'if I build it they will come"... or leave it as one little section that an entire website points to, and hope that it grows so we can break it up later.

Kreider threads belong in the NCAA section, until he plays in the AHL. And if he skips directly to the NHL, as it seems that he will, then he probably won't be mentioned in the prospects section at all by the time November rolls around.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I like breaking up the prospects section. I mean, if there are threads that include many different prospects from different leagues we still have the general subforum for that.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like breaking up the prospects section. I mean, if there are threads that include many different prospects from different leagues we still have the general subforum for that.
    I don't like it myself. I get the argument that they're trying to build traffic, but this is just splitting traffic and creating prospect "deserts".

Knowing my browsing habits, and I'd liken myself to the more typical casual browser here, I like to have my threads in one place. If I only get a few minutes to check the prospect forum, I want all of the new threads in one spot- I'm not going to read through 7 different forums to see what is new in all of them.

I've already seen this happen the last time the forum was split up. While I used to view the Keeper League section frequently, I never visit the separate F and D forums.

And it's not like the prospect forum (averaging 3.5 new threads a day last year) has moved quickly in the past.

What happens when a prospect moves from say the Q to the AHL? Do all of his threads move to the AHL forum? Or is that history only going to be found in the QMJHL forum?

Also - realistically, the Q forum won't get near as much traffic as the OHL forum, simply due to the fact that there are less people watching those kids. I could maybe see an argument to have a CHL forum, a NCAA forum, a Europe forum, and an AHL forum, though that's still more than I'd like to see.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I don't see how the "history threads" are an argument at all. It's extremely rare that a player gets one single thread updated continously and IF that happens, it's even more rare that it happens for more than a year. Most often new threads are started. Before you still had to make searches. No changes there now so the information will still be available.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't see how the "history threads" are an argument at all. It's extremely rare that a player gets one single thread updated continously and IF that happens, it's even more rare that it happens for more than a year. Most often new threads are started. Before you still had to make searches. No changes there now so the information will still be available.
    Fair point.

Regardless, this site will be run however Dobber wants it. I just know the change means I'll probably be viewing the other sub-forums less.
    Setting up the play.