Thread: Edwin Jackson Boston Bound?

Jersey Girl

Default Edwin Jackson Boston Bound?

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2012/01/is_edwin_jackso.html?camp=miscn:twit:cafardo

The Sox offered Jackson a One-year deal around $5-$6 million. He's stated he's open to signing a one-year deal and then hit free agency again at the age of 30 next year. He could really thrive in Boston, good team, good support. It's worth a shot for him to sign that contract. He'd be playing for his future contract, so you know he'd be working his butt off for a good year.

Dobber Sports Rookie

As a Sox fan, I really like the sounds of that. I think he could fit in well there.
    Semi Keeper League, Points Only, Goalies 2 pt win 3 pt shutout.
    (Pre Auntion/Draft keepers)
    Wingers: Heatly, O'Sullivan, Gaborik (Restricted Free Agent), Okopso (Rookie Proteced)
    Centers: H.Sedin, J.Staal (Restricted Free Agent), Brassard (Rookie Protected)
    Defense: Burns, Whitney, E.J.
    Goalie: Open

goldfish47

It sounds like Boston is out on Jackson. The most likely destination for him seems to be *gulp* Baltimore... which, as a Jackson owner in a couple of leagues... does not give me a warm, fuzzy feeling at all!

Jersey Girl

Looks like the Nats " are in" on Jackson now. We shall see. I'd like to see him in Washington. Good fit. I need him to go anywhere but freakin' Baltimore! I own him and I need him in a good spot.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Yup, Nats sign him to a 1-year deal pending a physical it looks like. They're aggressively shopping Lannan to make room in the rotation.

goldfish47

Phew. Add him to the list of guys on contract years, btw!