Thread: Yankees just won the world series

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Yankees just won the world series

Signed Kuroda and got Pineda. Then you have CC, Nova, Burnett likely to bounce back in some way, and then Garcia. Solid back end of bullpen. Always a great lineup. As a Sox fan, I hate to say this, but the Yankees clearly have the best team in the majors now.

Jersey Girl

Quote Originally Posted by jimywho1 View Post
    Signed Kuroda and got Pineda. Then you have CC, Nova, Burnett likely to bounce back in some way, and then Garcia. Solid back end of bullpen. Always a great lineup. As a Sox fan, I hate to say this, but the Yankees clearly have the best team in the majors now.
    Not so fast.

Yes its a great addition and on paper things look very good - but just as last year we all thought Boston was gonna crush it and win the World Series. Teams still have to play the 162+playoffs. Are they improved? Yes. But they still have some question marks on that team.

Dobber Sports Newbie

And to add a rant on the Sox....They have had an awful off-season. Each move has been a downgrade. Papelbon to Bailey. Bard to Melancon. Reddick to whoever. Bard to rotation, but who knows how that will work out. He has three good pitches, but will he be able to handle the workload? They basically threw another question mark at an already shaky rotation. Can't expect Beckett to repeat. We were lucky to get the phenomenal season we did last year. Lester should be better tho. Bucky will be back, and hopefully he can remain healthy. Lackey sucks. I feel bad for the guy with al hes been through, but he cant just go out there and throw for us anymore. And then we lost Francona on top of it all. I dont think Bobby V is the guy for this team. This team is surprisingly old and has many veterans. I dont think they look at Valentine as a leader figure. I think they need another player's manager. Also add in that Papi is aging, Youk gets hurt each year, Pedroia may get hurt, and we lost our infield depth by trading away Lowrie, who I think given his health concerns, was better suited for the split duty role he played in the infield.

All hope basically lies with Gonzalez being a monster again, Crawford having an amazing bounceback, and Lester carrying this rotation on his shoulders.

Dobber Sports Newbie

they have very few question marks tho. They van add Garcia to the bullpen for long relief. if Arod goes down they can bring in Nunez or Chavez. and if they keep swisher theyre even better off.

Dobber Sports Recruit

The Yankees are too old IMO. I don't see that happening. Even with Pineda, they are still too old.

Dobber Sports Newbie

so were alot of their 90s championship teams

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Longoria4MVP View Post
    The Yankees are too old IMO. I don't see that happening. Even with Pineda, they are still too old.
    I agree, I still like Texas especially if they sign Fielder (as rumoured) and LA does not look to shabby with that staff oh and another guy! The Bo Sox are still scary, not to mention the Rays. Still very solid move for NY.

Where were you AA! Jays could of sure used that arm!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not so fast. Yes the NYY improved.
    But Halladay/Lee/Hamels didn't win last year.
    Or Boston, the 2 favorites.

It's still a unknown, how Pineda and Kuroda will adjust to the big stage.
    Remember Javier Vasquez and Kenny Rogers? Both flopped in NY.
    No longer does Pineda have Safeco helping him, or facing the AL West, versus the AL East.
    Same with Kuroda, facing the NL West, versus the AL East.
    Both are nice additions, but NYY are aging fast.
    And Kuroda is 37 i believe.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I like the thread title lol

I'm sorry but I just don't like this trade for the M's.