Thread: Mariners working on " Significant" trade

Jersey Girl

Default Mariners working on " Significant" trade

Pineda to Yanks for Montero?? Maybe...maybe....

Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS 1m

Sea does have deal according to @jcrasnick. @stonelarry hearing rumblings it MAY involve pineda and montero

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's looking like Pineda/Campos for Montero/Noesi

https://twitter.com/#!/GregJohnsMLB/...87066184077313
    Fantasy Hockey
    Buy It Now Fantasy Hockey Guide and WIN Your Pool

Dobber Sports Recruit

I don't want to delve too much into the subject, but here's a quick analysis of the deal. I'll leave the rest to the DB team and whoever writes a trade impact article. Pineda to M's= more wins, but higher ERA. Montero-Seattle= full time gig. Cervelli new catcher for NYY. Campos is a very intriguing arm as well, he's a fireballer. Noesi should get a shot at a rotation spot for the Mariners.

Dobber Sports Novice

Ms lose big in this deal. They do not have any MLB pitching depth. Furbush has failed for Fister. So they give up #2 starter, who takes that spot? And they give up their 5th best prospect according to Baseball America (tweet on where Campos would have ranked in Ms top 10).

So the Ms give up two fire balling hurlers that would have pitched in a ballpark that does not give up too many HRs for a high upside hitter without a positon.....

in 2011 Pineda had a WARP of 3.1 and VORP of 29. Montero had a WARP of 2.4 and VORP of 24. Career wise Pineda is 3.1 and 29 respectively Montero is 0.4 and 3.6 respectively. so Pineda has a higher value over replacement player and is worth about an extra win over Montero.

So Montero is going to replace Carp at DH who in 2011 had a VORP of 32.6 and a WARP of 3.6 and who has better numbers for his career in both statistics too. Like I said elsewhere Jackie Z must be tired of collecting a check from Nintendo.
    My Team is Better Than Yours!