Thread: Best Move Of The Offseason (For Fantasy)?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Best Move Of The Offseason (For Fantasy)?

Every transaction is either good news or bad news for the fantasy community. In your opinion, what signing/trade benefited the fantasy value of a particular player the most? Why?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTSchmidt View Post
    Every transaction is either good news or bad news for the fantasy community. In your opinion, what signing/trade benefited the fantasy value of a particular player the most? Why?
    I'd say Buehrle to be honest, he's going to be good in the NL and a big part of the Marlins resurgence.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What sounded like a great question comes with a kind of blah answer.1B Yonder Alonso to San Diego Padres or Huston Street going from a former closer to a full time closer seems to be the best I can find. Buerle, Gio or Latos changing home mounds is hard to judge, certainly Buerle going from the AL to NL East would get a possible bump.The other 2 pitchers lose a good pitchers park. Cuddyer going from a tough scoring park to Colorado helps, Lowrie getting full time AB's is good but its in Houston so...Craig looked to get AB's now in STL but after Beltran signed there its hard to get too excited. Cain gets drafted now in KC where he didn't before, but he might not make small leagues draft board anyway
    Darvish aside, I'm going to say Alonso going to SD gets him drafted in the middle of the draft this year is the biggest fantasy impact so far. He hasn't even won the job yet and neither has Street so the blah still applies. Maybe the big news is yet to come, once Darvish makes it official thats probably the biggie from non-eligible to a mid-early pick tho thats not really the spirit of the question. Alonso still has Guzman & Blanks to contend with even if Rizzo gets moved, but right now he gets my draft interest where 2 months ago he had none

goldfish47

When all's said and done, the Reyes signing will be the biggest transaction, though it will have little to do with Reyes. Either Hanley will become a multi-position option at 3B/SS (at least for this year)... or he gets traded, where his value could drastically change, depending on where he lands. The Darvish signing will be interesting, but he's likely an over-hyped #3 or #4 starter in most fantasy leagues.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Think one of the most underrated moves this off season was Aramis to the Brewers. Then the Braun allegation came out. If Braun sits out, then don't like the move as much, but if he somehow ninja's his way out of the suspension, think Aramis can put up massive numbers if he can stay healthy.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

goldfish47

ARam actually makes me a bit nervous. He was playing for a contract last year, but he won't have that incentive any more... and without Braun for 1/3 of the season, I worry he's not going to have anyone to drive in (with apologies to Rickie Weeks). I look at ARam as a league average 3B with some power upside.

Dobber Sports Initiate

nathan to texas. i think this is the season feliz begins to remind us how good pedro martinez was. grab him this season, because it may be your last chance in a keeper.

second; gonzalez to milwaukee. all five starters, esp the top three, will enjoy much better peripherals with betancourt on the bench in kc.
    dobber pro 2012-2013; campbell conference

c; b richards, ribiero, desharnias, zajac
    lw; sedin, e kane, pacioretty, kunitz
    rw; kessel, callaghan, cole, paranteau
    d; chara, seabrook, souray, leddy, markov, s elliott
    g; rinne, elliott
    bench; garon, giguerre, hodgson, orpik, d roy
    ir; nobody, yet

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Gio Gonzalez to NL, no dh now.
    Huston Street to SD. No threat form Gregerson, plus Street is a flyball pitcher, and no better place for that then Petco.

goldfish47

I love the Nathan to Texas move. Peopke have already forgotten just how good Nathan is... TJ surgery is like having an ingrown toenail removed now.

Felliz has the stuff, but I think people will be disappointed if they expect him to go out and be more than a 5 or 6 inning pitcher, at least this year. Worst case, he goes back to the pen and gives Texas a legendary back if the 'pen.

Quote Originally Posted by spitball View Post
    nathan to texas. i think this is the season feliz begins to remind us how good pedro martinez was. grab him this season, because it may be your last chance in a keeper.

second; gonzalez to milwaukee. all five starters, esp the top three, will enjoy much better peripherals with betancourt on the bench in kc.