Thread: { Trade } Mat Latos

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default { Trade } Mat Latos

The Cincinnati Reds have acquired Mat Latos. Yonder Alonso, Brad Boxberger, Yasmani Grandal and Edinson Volquez are going to San Diego in the deal.

Fantasy Spin: Latos is a heck of a pitcher when he's on, but moving to a bigtime hitters park and away from one of the best pitchers parks in the game (PETCO) will probably hurt his value. Edinson Volquez becomes interesting and so does Alonso now that he'll get regular playing time in San Diego.

Jersey Girl

Fantastic trade for the Padres. They will slot Volquez at SP for Latos. They get a 1B ( Alonzo) and a C ( Grandal) which they need. Boxberger is a solid arm for either back end of rotation or middle relief.

Reds get themselves a great SP, but leaving Petco for that band box in Cincy will not help his numbers. Expect a spike in ERA, WHIP, but maybe also a spike in more wins.

I like the Padres side better though. To be able to still acquire a SP to replace the SP you are trading away and then add in your soon to be starting catcher and starting 1B in the same deal? Awesome move for the Padres.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Very nice trade on the Padres side is my guess.

Dobber Sports Rookie

in my mind, the padres won the trade. reds gave up THAT much (a 12-14 win starter, reds' 3rd best prospect, reds' 4th best prospect, and another decent prospect) for latos who has pitched in the most pitcher-friendly park in the league.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Both sides win really, but Cincinnati gave up a crap load of talent to get Latos, which could bite them in the butt if Latos does continue having shoulder problems.

The dominoes fall into place for San Diego who basically could have a strong starting rotation (if the Garza trade comes into fruition) of Garza/Luebke/Volquez/Stauffer/Moseley
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec