Thread: Ryan Braun Tests Positive for PED's

Jersey Girl

Default Ryan Braun Tests Positive for PED's

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just caught that bit of news myself! simply Stunning.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm reserving judgement on the Ryan Braun situation until we know more details. There are a lot of unanswered questions out there.

Dobber Sports Stud

I really thought kemp should of won the MVP. I mean Braun had prince protection and kemp had no one!

Dobber Sports Recruit

We're still waiting for confirmation of this, but if it is true we have to question what baseball has done after the Mitchell report and if we will see more players that test positive. Again, we will see what happens. Although it doesn't sound good right now.

Jersey Girl

This won't be good for Braun...

From the New York Daily News:

Ryan Braun's testosterone levels during his failed drug test were "insanely high, the highest ever for anyone who has ever taken a test, twice the level of the highest test ever taken," a source told Teri Thompson of the New York Daily News.
    Braun told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Saturday that he's "completely innocent" of the PED charge, claiming the test results were a false positive. Yahoo! Sports' Jeff Passan spoke to an expert that said false positives results are almost impossible using MLB's carbon-isotope-ratio test. Thompson's source, however, said Braun's case involves "highly unusual circumstances." Braun will probably enlist doctors and health experts in appealing his 50-game suspension, but players are 0-for-13 against Major League Baseball in PED test appeals. While his test results are highly unusual, enough so to potentially call into question the test results, Braun has very little chance of winning the appeal.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'm still shocked and this recent news really doesn't help his cause. In fact, it damages his image and reputation even further.