Thread: Could the Blue Jays sign Prince Fielder?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Could the Blue Jays sign Prince Fielder?

Great article by Jon Morosi on that subject right here.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/P...atement-113011

I agree with him, the Blue Jays should sign Fielder. These kind of players don't tend to be available very often, he'd make them a much better team. They could then trade Adam Lind for a pretty good starting pitcher.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As a Milwaukee Brewers fan, I'm going to miss watching Prince Fielder on a regular basis. (He's not coming back to Milwaukee. Count on it.) He's such a great power hitter it can be hard to remember he's hit .299 in two out of the past three seasons. He's a great all-around hitter who rarely misses a game.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Here's an update on Prince Fielder.

http://www.thescore.com/home/article...elder-s-choice

Dobber Sports Recruit

Any new news on Fielder?
    Last I heard, AA was offering the right cash, but half the term.

Not since 2005 (Manny / Ortiz) and before that Gehrig / Ruth, has an AL team had 2 players hit 40+ HRs and .300+ avg.
    If Prince signs with either Texas or Toronto, there'll be a good chance of them joining the club (Hamilton has never hit 40hrs, but hit at a 39 HR pace in 2010 to go with his .359 avg)

Jersey Girl

I think it's down to the Cubs, Rangers and Blue Jays. Not really sure who has the edge here. Could go in any direction. I'd like him to become a Cub, but I feel personally that the Rangers will acquire him. With the Angels luring Pujols, I feel its in the Rangers best interest to find a way to get Fielder and giving him more money or years on a contract will sway him that way. The Rangers will probably outbid the other teams in terms of years offered on a deal.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Either way, Fielder should post great numbers with any of those teams. All hitter friendly ballparks!

Jersey Girl

Seems to me the Cubs are dragging their feet here. I think momentum has swayed to Mariners / Rangers in the Fielder sweepstakes.

The Angels brought in Pujols and Wilson, seems fitting the Rangers get aggressive here as they have Darvish ( awaiting contract) so they should IMO go after Fielder.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Why would anyone want to sign with the Cubs?!

Dobber Sports Rookie

With all the talk I'm reading lately, the Nationals are the favourite...and making me look good in my prediction!
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    With all the talk I'm reading lately, the Nationals are the favourite...and making me look good in my prediction!
    Just read the same. Didn't the Nats just finish announcing that they have every intention of beginning the season with Laroche as their starting 1B? Barf.

Come onnnnn Blue Jays! lol

goldfish47

Don't put Fielder on the Nats just yet. Boras is the King of working teams against each other. It seems unlikely that Washington is Fielder's top choice... it's more likely that they have the best offer on the table right now. I still think Texas could get involved, and the Yankees are a sleeper team. No matter what Boras says publicly, Prince would leave a couple years or dollars out there for a chance to win. He'll sign with Washington if they over-pay like they did last year for Werth.