Thread: Yu Darvish -- Where should he end up?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Yu Darvish -- Where should he end up?

The New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays and Washington Nationals are rumored to be interested in the 25-year-old righthander from Japan. What do you think is the best situation for him? Why?

Jersey Girl

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTSchmidt View Post
    The New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays and Washington Nationals are rumored to be interested in the 25-year-old righthander from Japan. What do you think is the best situation for him? Why?
    The Yankees have the most money to secure him for their team. I believe they will first try and make a trade for a SP, such as Garza or maybe lure Buerhle, Wilson to NY. IF those trades /signings do not pan out then the Yankees will most likely get in the mix and push hard to sign him once he posts. The Yankees just brought back Freddy Garcia and let's face it, chances are his 2011 season most likely will not repeat itself.

The Blue Jays will also be serious players in the hunt for Darvish. The Blue Jays have the green light to increase payroll this year and the Blue Jays would be sitting pretty with Romero, Darvish, Drabek, Alvarez etc

I am not sold on the Nationals liking the idea of around a $50 million price tag to negotiate with Darvish, yes they may be interested in him but I just do not feel that they will be serious players in the mix.

A wild card team to watch out for is Texas. The Rangers very well can sneak in this thing.

I personally believe when all is said and done and Darvish gets posted, he will be signed by the New York Yankees.