Thread: trade - HILL, MCDONALD TO D-BACKS FOR JOHNSON

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default trade - HILL, MCDONALD TO D-BACKS FOR JOHNSON

http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=374345

"I have not ruled out either player being back here in 2012," Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopoulos said after announcing on Tuesday that second baseman Aaron Hill and infielder John McDonald had been traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks for second baseman Kelly Johnson.

All three players can be free agents in the off-season.

"This is all I've known, this has been my family," Hill told the media at Rogers Centre before the Blue Jays game with the Kansas City Royals. "Like Alex said, I'm very open to coming back next year. This isn't the end."

Dobber Sports Recruit

Welcome to the boards icevenom. Johnny Mac will definitely be back, they love him here in Toronto. As far as Aaron Hill, I don't see it. I think Kelly Johnson does well and gets a contract offer from the Jays.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I don't think we want Aaron Hill back lol

As far as Johnny "Mac" goes, I think he was a fan favorite. Bringing back the Minister of Defense would be another big win for AA.

this felt like a change of scenery trade for hill and johnson. i own johnson and hope this works, but for fantasy purposes he has not been terrible (terrible average, but good hr and sb totals, like bj upton for 2nd)

Dobber Sports Rookie

This was indeed a change of scenery for both players, but there's too many Jays fans who have the perception that this trade is a steal. If Johnson becomes a type A free agent, then yes, it's a steal, so it's a high risk trade for the Diamondbacks - but he was starting to lose the confidence of the coaching staff, finding himself out of the starting lineup the past couple weeks.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec