Thread: Trade Advice

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trade Advice

Haren and Freeman for Greinke and Espinosa. What u guys think? My thinking is that eventhough Greinke's only reall had one stud year in his career, his peripherals indicate that he should have much better numbers than he does and Haren is known for fading post ASB.
    12 Team, One-Year League, Weekly Line-ups
    Start 3C, 6W, 3D, 1UTIL (3 Bench)
    Scoring:
    POINTS ONLY

Roster:
    C - Backstrom, E. Staal, Stepan, Koivu
    W - Giroux (C), Hornqvist, Pavelski (C), Vrbata, Wheeler, MacArthur, Huberdeau (C)
    D - Carlson, Brodie, Klingberg, Sekera
    IR - Marchand

Dobber

Welcome!

Stay put. I would rather have Freeman over Esp, and Haren over Greink.

Understood that Haren fades, but he's 30 now, which I think is peak pitching years just beginning and I think the fading stops

Dobber Sports Rookie

Welcome to the board!

It's a good gamble - one I'd be willing to take.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber

contrarian!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Welcome to the boards.

I'd rather have the Freeman and Haren side, Haren is better than Greinke and Freeman is younger than Espinosa.

i am on the greike side. Freeman is a nice player, but i have never read a scouting report that indicates he shows more than 25 homer power. that really limits his ability to be a starting 1b option. Grieke is far better than haren, also the missed time will help him since he is now back in the swing of things and is fresher than a lot of players

Dobber

I think they'll be making new scouting reports if the guy gets 23 dingers as a 21-year-old!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have to agree with Jason, I'd go with Greinke and Espinosa. The second base eligibility for Espinosa clinches it for me.