Poll: Which OF to take

Thread: Werth still worth it?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Werth still worth it?

Hey guys,2 part question here. Wondering what everyone's take is on Jayson Werth. Is it buy low time or should we be staying clear of him. It is a dynasty so how does he stack up short term (1/2 years) and long term (3-5).

Part 2:Who would you take in a dynasty:
    Werth

Logan Morrison

Nick Markakis (Accidentally put Markakis as Quentin in the pole\....pretend Quentin says Markakis inthe pole!)

Francoeur

Boesch

Hart

Looking more for power than anything right now . Really like Werth but regression this season along with age scare me a bit...any help is appreciated!
    Semi Keeper League, Points Only, Goalies 2 pt win 3 pt shutout.
    (Pre Auntion/Draft keepers)
    Wingers: Heatly, O'Sullivan, Gaborik (Restricted Free Agent), Okopso (Rookie Proteced)
    Centers: H.Sedin, J.Staal (Restricted Free Agent), Brassard (Rookie Protected)
    Defense: Burns, Whitney, E.J.
    Goalie: Open

Dobber

I voted quentin before I read your thing...so really my vote would go to Boesch

Werth - I'd like to think he would bounce back a little, but wouldn't bet my fantasy team on it so I would steer clear unless the cost was very low.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Think this first half was a huge adjustment period for Jayson Werth. From being considered the protection for the big bats in Philly to being the big bat in Washington, Werth looks like he's just hitting too many groundballs. None of his peripherals have actually changed, so I'd like to think some form of batting average rebound is in the cards. Don't think anyone pegged him to be a true power bat, but somewhere in the 25 homer range, which there is some potential for him to do.

Part two I like Logan Morrison.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Think this first half was a huge adjustment period for Jayson Werth. From being considered the protection for the big bats in Philly to being the big bat in Washington, Werth looks like he's just hitting too many groundballs. None of his peripherals have actually changed, so I'd like to think some form of batting average rebound is in the cards. Don't think anyone pegged him to be a true power bat, but somewhere in the 25 homer range, which there is some potential for him to do.

Part two I like Logan Morrison.
    I agree with Jason here, my thoughts exactly.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks fellas. The cost is low on Werth and I've always liked his play...maybe more of a sentimental thing I know but thinking he won't get any cheaper than now.

PS-Ill make sure to get out the rep to those who it won't let me give to right now!

Cheers
    Semi Keeper League, Points Only, Goalies 2 pt win 3 pt shutout.
    (Pre Auntion/Draft keepers)
    Wingers: Heatly, O'Sullivan, Gaborik (Restricted Free Agent), Okopso (Rookie Proteced)
    Centers: H.Sedin, J.Staal (Restricted Free Agent), Brassard (Rookie Protected)
    Defense: Burns, Whitney, E.J.
    Goalie: Open