Thread: How about that Sandoval?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default How about that Sandoval?

League in sig.

No idea what to do with this guy now. It's a 14 team league and there are several teams with brutal 3B, so he's great trade bait at the moment.

That said, he's 2 starts away from getting 1B eligibility. As much as I love Konerko, he IS pretty old (in baseball years ).

So do I hang on to him and make him my eventual 1B (or at least a backup if needed), or trade him to a guy in a terrible 3B situation?

My favorite scenario: A guy in our league has Halladay, Kershaw, Ubaldo, Pineada and Latos. McGehee is killing him and he's tried everything to trade him. Do I try a CJ Wilson/Sandoval (or even JJ/Sandoval) for a Kershaw/McGehee? Something along those lines?

thx

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sandoval's current hit streak could net you excellent value, and if you can, this might be the time to strike if you think you can get someone to help improve your team. If not, hold onto him. For someone that qualifies at third base, had Sandoval not been injured, a 25+ homer campaign would've been within reach. Perhaps you want to wait until he gains first base qualification to boost his value, or if you bring this up with the manager you're trading with, bringing it in discussions might be good enough.

Like your scenario you proposed.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec