Thread: Who Is Your Team's Biggest Bust?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who Is Your Team's Biggest Bust?

A few players come to mind for me... At the risk of subjecting myself to public shame, here are a few of my biggest fantasy draft regrets of the year:

1. I paid $41 for Chicago 1B/DH Adam Dunn in a 12-team AL-only league (more specifically, the DobberBaseball Expert League).

2. Against my better judgement, I drafted Pedro Alvarez in the eighth round (90th pick overall) in a 12-team mixed league. I waited on 3B and I ended up selecting him as my starter.

Anyone else want to confess a draft day regret?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Ooo good quetsion.

On one of my teams I would probably say Morneau, but I wasn't really sure what to expect out of him anyway.

And in my main league it's gotta be Choo. That hurts.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Only did one draft this year, the same one you did - Delmon Young's $31 or Rafael Soriano's $11.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Novice

3rd round (26): Shin Soo Choo [dropped him on Tuesday]
    4th Round (35): Dan Uggla [been ridin' pine for over a month now]

Dobber Sports Novice

Fortunately my early round picks have panned out so far (still have all up to round 10), aside from Josh Johnson's injury (but was amazing when healthy). Hopefully he'll be back soon.

My highest flop to date was Aaron Hill - drafted him in the 11th round though so it doesn't hurt as much.

I also regret drafting Nathan instead of Venters/Kimbrel who were the next two picks.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I got a few....HanRam in one league as 1st overall pick

In another league took Choo fairly high and then drafted 2 closers that were injured (rushed into a league and didn't do my homework) ----Wilson who worked out fine and Aardsma who I help onto for a long time on DL before finally dropping him. Needless to say getting pumped in the Saves cat
    Semi Keeper League, Points Only, Goalies 2 pt win 3 pt shutout.
    (Pre Auntion/Draft keepers)
    Wingers: Heatly, O'Sullivan, Gaborik (Restricted Free Agent), Okopso (Rookie Proteced)
    Centers: H.Sedin, J.Staal (Restricted Free Agent), Brassard (Rookie Protected)
    Defense: Burns, Whitney, E.J.
    Goalie: Open

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If we're talking about guys just under performing, then I've got to go with Uggla. If injuries count then half my team would qualify, but mostly Josh Johnson, Phil Hughes, Roy Oswalt, and David Wright.
    Fantasy Hockey
    Buy It Now Fantasy Hockey Guide and WIN Your Pool

Dobber Sports Recruit

I really hate to admit this but McGehee is probably the biggest bust for me because I closely examined all his numbers last year and there is no reason to think he should be this bad. I hope he starts hitting again but the positive thing is that I've been able to pick up some pretty good players when dropping him in a few leagues.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Mine definitely has to be Choo. 4th round bust who i was hoping would anchor my OF. Not so much. The guy that has is Granderson, who i drafted in the 18th rd. You win some, you lose some I guess.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
    Mine definitely has to be Choo. 4th round bust who i was hoping would anchor my OF. Not so much. The guy that has is Granderson, who i drafted in the 18th rd. You win some, you lose some I guess.
    Choo has been awful, I was skeptical of him and only had him in one league so that softens the blow a bit. Others like Colby Lewis, John Danks, Jonathan Sanchez, Delmon Young have been awful but didn't end up on many of my teams either.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Mine would have to Napoli, I drafted him to be my starting catcher but with the inconsistent playing time and the injury's I'm glad I picked up Avila.
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Dunn, Dunn and more Dunn!!
    Crazy how this guy could have such a poor year after being so consistant. I've kept him a whole year thinking he will have a monster month (ie: Uggla), but yet to happen.
    No hot streak whatsoever. Very Strange.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Ooooo yeah Dunn's a good one. I would think Uggla owners aren't as pissed as they may have been for the first few months of the season :P

Choo is redeeming himself a little bit right now. Probably too little, too late for a lot of poolies, but hey I'm in the playoffs! He better show up for the 2x header today..

Dobber Sports Rookie

Well Dunn's name has been used a lot. I would also say Heyward. I was hoping for improvement or similar numbers as last season, but he seems to be struggling even more this season. The only good thing is it sounds like they know why he's having problems hitting and even a teammate his trying to help him correct that problem. Granderson like comeback next season...

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Ooooo yeah Dunn's a good one. I would think Uggla owners aren't as pissed as they may have been for the first few months of the season :P
    Keeping Uggla will go down as my GM move of the season.
    Sometimes it's the moves you don't make.