Poll: Which team wins?

Thread: Trade involving Kemp/CarGo

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade involving Kemp/CarGo

Hi everyone, in a 6 (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS) x 6 (W, CG, SO, SV, ERA, WHIP) 12 team keeper league (keep 11), with specific outfield positions (LF/CF/RF, not OF) who wins the following trade?

Team A gets Kemp, Ian Kennedy, Torii Hunter (would have been dropped so included in trade instead), Chris Perez, Round 7 Draft pick

Team B gets Carlos Gonzalez, Greinke, Venters, Round 3 Draft pick

Thank you for your input.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Team B gets the better end of the deal here. Matt Kemp is the best player in the trade (in my opinion), but Team B gets the second (Car-Go), third (Greinke) and fourth-best (Venters) players in this trade, not to mention the higher draft pick. It's not an outlandish trade, but Team B comes out ahead.

Dobber Sports Recruit

In my opinion it's easily B.

Dobber Sports Novice

I like Team B.
    As noted on DobberBaseball, Greinke could/should turn it around eventually.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Welcome to the board lordosis. It's a fair trade for both teams. Think the trade for Team B is more of a re-tooling type trade with the potential to net you a very big profit for the second half.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

i would take b for the above reasons. Cargo and Kemp will put up similar numbers, and both have a similar number of years doing it. Kemp has a higher potentialm, but 20/20 in the 2nd half from either would not be a shock. Greike is way ahead of kennedy. Venters does not close, so perez is better. Overall this is a trade i would think about either side, and is a fair deal, but i would take B like everyone else.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks everyone for the reply. I had already made the deal, and was hoping to reaffirm why I did it. Luckily I am Team B. One of the reasons I did it was increased position flexibility, as CarGo plays all three OF positions while Kemp is just CF. I'm also not sold on Perez, and with 11 keepers, I'm hoping Greinke turns it around (his peripheral numbers indicate as much before last night, ugh) and give me another solid keeper.

Also, thank you to djk for the welcome. I'll be around from now on.