Thread: Dominguez or Wallace

CanLeaf

Default Dominguez or Wallace

I put Pena on the block and was offered Brett Wallace by one guy and Matt Domiguez by another guy. which offer should I take? this is in a 16 team dynasty league

Dobber Sports Rookie

Think you can still do better than those two, but like Dominguez a little better because of position eligibility
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree. Both were solid prospects in the minors, but Brett Wallace has developed into a rather average player. He's almost 25 years of age and he's on pace for about 8 homers and 44 RBIs this season. He's upped his walk rate this year, as it now stands at 11 percent, but he lacks above-average power or speed.

Matt Dominguez, on the other hand, is a superior defender at third base. However, his bat leaves much to be desired. He's only 21 right now, but he's struggled for average in the minors (.252 in 138 Double-A games in 2010) and doesn't project to be a power hitter. He's got okay plate discipline, but his glovework is what will earn him playing time in the majors. Obviously, that doesn't help you too much.

I'd look for a better deal.