Thread: Adam Dunn owners

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Adam Dunn owners

Ozzie Guillen is doing the right thing here, this could really help Adam Dunn.

Source: ESPN

Dunn is hitting just .176 with five homers and 23 RBI through 188 at-bats, so it looks like he's going to get a bit of a break to hopefully help him snap out of his funk. "I'm going to do it with Dunn the same way I did it with [Alex] Rios," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "A couple days out of the lineup hopefully will refresh his mind, [let him] pull his stuff together and hopefully start over. That's the reason why I did it. Hopefully a little break for a couple days will recharge his batteries."

Dobber Sports Recruit

I've been trying to be patient with Dunn in my lineup all season (along with some other under-performers such as Liriano & C Johnson), but I've been on a horrible slide for the last few weeks because of those guys plus some bad injury troubles.

I'm sitting #8 in my 15-team league, and I don't see a high degree of probability that I can reach the money this season. I'm giving serious thought to cutting Dunn outright this weekend.......is that being too harsh? Do you see him making a solid turnaround this season, or do you see him being outperformed for the remainder of the year by say Rizzo? With his callup, Rizzo is now available on waivers in our league, and I am considering grabbing him in place of Dunn. Do you think this is wise, or should I try to hold out on Dunn turning it around?

Appreciate any & all advice.....thanks.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by BumBum View Post
    I've been trying to be patient with Dunn in my lineup all season (along with some other under-performers such as Liriano & C Johnson), but I've been on a horrible slide for the last few weeks because of those guys plus some bad injury troubles.

I'm sitting #8 in my 15-team league, and I don't see a high degree of probability that I can reach the money this season. I'm giving serious thought to cutting Dunn outright this weekend.......is that being too harsh? Do you see him making a solid turnaround this season, or do you see him being outperformed for the remainder of the year by say Rizzo? With his callup, Rizzo is now available on waivers in our league, and I am considering grabbing him in place of Dunn. Do you think this is wise, or should I try to hold out on Dunn turning it around?

Appreciate any & all advice.....thanks.
    That's tough, I just can't see Dunn struggling like this all year. Too much power, too much talent, such a consistent player. I know he's been terrible, but Rizzo is a guy you should add and drop Cameron Maybin, then switch Jon Jay to OF? If you can do that that's definitely a good move, Rizzo was in the Red Sox system a long time and as a Red Sox fan I know he's a very good player. I don't know how your whole roster works but you have some guys on the DL showing as active, clear that up and I can provide more info.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hey Bum Bum, if you realistically believe you are not in the running for the money, and this is a keeper/dynasty league, drop Gee, pick up Rizzo, and hold onto Dunn and hope that he controls the strikeouts. Unless DH'ing is really causing a huge problem on his psyche, Dunn should rebound - he's hitting balls in the air still which is a good sign. Once he goes on a streak, look at trading him for a couple prospects instead of dumping him outright right now.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Hey Bum Bum, if you realistically believe you are not in the running for the money, and this is a keeper/dynasty league, drop Gee, pick up Rizzo, and hold onto Dunn and hope that he controls the strikeouts. Unless DH'ing is really causing a huge problem on his psyche, Dunn should rebound - he's hitting balls in the air still which is a good sign. Once he goes on a streak, look at trading him for a couple prospects instead of dumping him outright right now.
    True, you could just drop a SP like Gee and keep all your hitters.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Appreciate the advice, guys - thanks. Perhaps some signs of life from Dunn last night?