Thread: Waiver options

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Grab Moustakas or Lawrie?

5x5 H2H 12 team keeper league (keep 8).

My first season playing FLB and I took over a decent enough team - I have a decent shot at the playoffs (top 6 teams), but want to get some young guys on board to help build for the future. Production this season is key.

I have a few roster fillers that are keeping me afloat so far and a few guys that could probably use an upgrade. Ian Stewart, Garrett Jones on the bench, Laynce Nix and Brett Wallace in the lineup, but they're all options to drop in exchange for Nishioka (to stash on my DL for later) and Brett Lawrie or Mike Moustakas (or both). My team needs speed and runs vs the rest of the league. What would you do?

My squad:
    C - Alex Avila
    1B - Ryan Howard
    2B - Neil Walker
    3B - Youkilis
    SS - Jose Reyes
    2B/SS - Jhonny Peralta
    1B/3B - Brett Wallace
    OF - Choo, Hunter Pence, Juan Pierre, Dominic Brown, Jason Bourgeois
    DH - Vladimir Guerrero
    Util - Corey Patterson, Laynce Nix
    Bench - Ian Stewart, Garrett Jones
    DL - Ike Davis

Dobber Sports Rookie

Welcome to the board! Ian Stewart and Garrett Jones for Moustakas and Lawrie. Lawrie should qualify at 2B/3B this year, so put him ahead of Moustakas based on your needs. Also he'll provide you with more stolen bases if that's what you need.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber

Welcome Rook!
    Can't argue with Ang...he knows his stuff. Those are two impact rookies - or will be, as close to sure-things as a rookie can get

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by djkiang View Post
    Welcome to the board! Ian Stewart and Garrett Jones for Moustakas and Lawrie. Lawrie should qualify at 2B/3B this year, so put him ahead of Moustakas based on your needs. Also he'll provide you with more stolen bases if that's what you need.
    No doubt about it, agreed with Ang on this one.

Dobber Sports Novice

Done and done. Thanks, gents!

Long time Dobberhockey reader (since the original website!) and supporter so I completely trust Dobber Nation to guide me through my rookie FLB season!

Cheers all.

Dobber Sports Rookie

With Lawrie being diagnosed with a fractured hand, you may want to either hold off on grabbing him now. If you've already grabbed him, no worries.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec