Thread: Pujols Trade

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Pujols Trade

My pujols (1b) and putz (cp)
    for his
    bautista (3b, of) and c.hart (of)

I initially offerred league and he came back with put. I was scared if I re-offer he would walk. I will have ww pick this week. Some 1B available - Barton, Freeman, Miranda, Kotchman, Sands, Giambi, Branyon.
    Also will be getting back Lind finally, but Smoak is slumping and Dunn is dun this year.

I am also thinking of offering Hanley too. But, he would be less desired (especially with injury).
    2B available: Hill, Aviles, Figgins, Infante, Hall, Getz, Uribe, S.Rodriguez, Descalso
    SS available: Theriot, Pennington, Tejada, Ploufe.

Did i get burned on the trade?
    Should i be moving Hanley for another 2B/SS stud as part of a package? I am scared I will over value what the package should be.

Dobber Sports Novice

This trade looks OK by me.
    It could be a win-win trade.

By straight-up players, the Pujols side looks better... but considering positional scarcity - it is really nice to have a player like Bautista to slot in at 3B for the year. Its tough to give up Putz, that might cost you 3-5 points in the SV category.

Hill might be worth adding. A line-up consisting of Bautista, Lind, and Hill sure would be fun to root for (as a BlueJays fan, eh!). Aside from Zobrist's 10 RBI day... he really hasn't pounded the ball much this year. I'm souring on him a bit and wondering if I should start tracking what type of pitchers he's able to hit - he just seems so streaky.

Hanley is interesting. We all keep waiting for him to come around. FLA has a tough schedule upcoming, ATL, PHI (twice) and the AL West all before the All-Star break. Some good pitchers over that run - as cold as he is, maybe you put him on your block and see if the offers are at least reasonable.

Dobber Sports Rookie

This is a fair offer taking into positional eligibility. Just take into account that if this is a keeper/dynasty league that the way things are going Bautista will not qualify at 3B next year so this is something to take into consideration.

However I do see some implications if you were to make this deal. Would you be able to play Hart if you were to make this trade? What happens when Heyward comes off the DL?

I do like the upgrade from Hart to Putz, but perhaps exploring an offer for another catcher might make the most sense.

Hope this helps
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Stud

This is a 1 yr pool.
    I just picked up League who should be the M's closer and has job security. His era is not Putz but when I can improve the bat from Boesch to Hart, that's huge. I love Hart and think he will start to heat up.
    Bautista looks unbelievable right now, and there does not seem to be any slowing down. I know pujols will improve, but right now and the immediate future, I love Bautista.
    Pujols has a questionable injury and is just not himself. I like the trade, I am dead last but climbing and with a healthy team, things are looking good.
    Now, I am shopping Hanley for another stud (2B or SS) as part of a 2-2 package.
    I have Hernandez and may go after Snyder (but Doumit will soon return). Ruiz also available.

Dobber Sports Recruit

In a one year league that's a trade I would make, Bautista and Hart for Pujols and a closer, makes sense to me. I prefer the Bautista side here.