Thread: pick up ervin santana over ian kennedy or bud norris

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default pick up ervin santana over ian kennedy or bud norris

what do you guys think

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by bashbrothers09 View Post
    what do you guys think
    I'll take Ian Kennedy, just be careful when he's pitching at home against a top offense. He's clearly much better than he was last year.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Assuming this is for your #5 starter? At this point I'm more apt to gamble on Bud Norris simply for the strikeout potential. They're just too good to ignore and I'd gamble on the upside.

However you can't argue with Ian Kennedy or Santana. Both have been a little unlucky and are the safer choices.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Initiate

another vote for norris in a full keeper. that k-rate is very juicy.

santana's elbow injury still concerns me. being a guy who relies on his slider, i would not be surprised to hear about a recurrence. i've never thought of kennedy as a high up-side keeper type. less so after the trade to arizona.