Thread: Better SP stash?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Better SP stash?

See my signature for roster details. Note that this pitcher would not be needed right away, and not necessarily used fully unless I make other moves/decisions to fit him in. But could be a decent option as the season progresses.

Who would you prefer and why?

E.Santana - just dropped and I know he's struggling but heard he might be line for a correction as other numbers supposedly suggest (BABIP, K/9 etc).

A.Sanchez - solid enough across the board, could he improve on last season?

Cueto - on my roster and should be returning soon - thought he was worth the stash at the start of the season.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I don't think you can go wrong with Ervin or Anibal but I personally wouldn't bank on Cueto.

Ervin should be in line for a correction and some wins.

Anibal's stuff has always been pretty good but I think he lacked consistency. I like the way he's looking so far this season. Over 2:1 K/BB ratio (as he was all of last season) and ~200IP. Way less home runs allowed than Santana.

So let's say Anibal

Dobber Sports Rookie

Go with the healthy arm - Anibal Sanchez.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Anibal Sanchez as a matchup play in daily league formats. If he's going against a subpar opponent, he's worth a look. However, he's not the kind of guy I plug into the lineup everytime he's pitching. He simply gets hit too hard, too often.

Johnny Cueto has the highest upside of any of the three guys you mention. But he's not healthy right now. Since you have Aaron Hill on the disabled list, it wouldn't help you to add him right now. But keep an eye on him. When he gets healthy he could be a nice contributor.

Mike Schmidt

DobberBaseball Writer

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    See my signature for roster details. Note that this pitcher would not be needed right away, and not necessarily used fully unless I make other moves/decisions to fit him in. But could be a decent option as the season progresses.

Who would you prefer and why?

E.Santana - just dropped and I know he's struggling but heard he might be line for a correction as other numbers supposedly suggest (BABIP, K/9 etc).

A.Sanchez - solid enough across the board, could he improve on last season?

Cueto - on my roster and should be returning soon - thought he was worth the stash at the start of the season.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    I'm going to go with Cueto, he's back soon and he plays for a very good team. When healthy and pitching well he's a stud! I like Sanchez and I don't mind Ervin, but I prefer Cueto.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks guys. I wasn't online last night and Sanchez has just been picked up. Since I own Cueto already, I'll just hold on and watch his performance when he returns to the lineup.